AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ancient ATI 7500 video card, but it's going to have to do until I get my house sold. I have a Samsung LN46A550 that I'm trying to a good resolution with.

The problem is that the TV will only accept 4:3 resolutions and then stretches them to fill the 16:9 space. I have the TV set to 16:9 in all modes.

Even though the owner's manual gives 16:9 resolutions as acceptable resolutions, the TV gives an error of 'mode not recognized'.

I'd love to display 1360x768 but of course full 1080 would be great. What am I doing wrong?

I've attached the display settings page from the Owner's manual.

Thanks for all of the help,

Neuner

Samsung PC Timings.pdf 269.0439453125k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
you need to run the native resolution of the tv. which in your case is 1920 x 1080.

- Josh

·
Registered
934 Posts
you need to suck it up and get a new video card for $50. Come on, after spending the cash on the TV, you didn't spend another 50-100 for the video card?

I'm not trying to sound too harsh, but come on!

·
Registered
113 Posts
First off, I totally understand the tight budgeting.

However, last year I went nuts trying to get my NVIDIA 6150 onboard to play my HD files with my brand new Samsung 5265F LCD TV until I gave in and bought a 8500GT and everything.. just worked.

After buying such an expensive TV, I really had to cut back on all expenses big time. However, in retrospect, the amount of frustration and time I had spent wrestling with the subpar onboard video was not worth the money I was trying to save.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm waiting for my house to sell so I can get a new all-around HTPC with BD. I'm not going to blow $50 in the meantime just to get it to work for now. I got more important things to worry about. Since I don't have my HomeTheater setup anymore I thought I would try and give this a whirl.

If you believe it's the video card that is causing the problem then at least I have my answer and I can deal with not using the htpc at all. It's no big deal for me to wait until I can totally re-vamp my htpc.

I was able to get my Sharp DT-500 to display 720p with it so I'm wondering why I can't get the LCD to at least do the same.

Actually, anyone want to buy a very nice home in O'Fallon, MO?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts