AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my PC connected to my receiver using a cable from the Headphones jack to the RCA jacks on my receiver. What I notice is I am loosing atleast 25% of the sound by doing this - an that is if I turn the PC volume all the way up - Is there a way to fix this so I am not loosing this much volume?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by magarner /forum/post/16988914

I have my PC connected to my receiver using a cable from the Headphones jack to the RCA jacks on my receiver. What I notice is I am loosing atleast 25% of the sound by doing this - an that is if I turn the PC volume all the way up - Is there a way to fix this so I am not loosing this much volume?

You might need to go into volume settings for the specific output port you are using. Check the audio mixer software for whatever audio chip you have and make sure the output port (line-out) is set properly as a line-out port and that the output volume is turned up.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
You need to connect from the back panel of your pc to your receiver. Headphone output is best for headphones of course. Linking your pc may get you more precise advice.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by magarner /forum/post/17000051

What do you mean by attenuating type?

Some cables, exact same as a normal one, no special marking, no different color plug, are meant to connect line-out signals to a microphone type input. Since normally a line-out signal is too strong for a microphone, this cable has built-in resistance to lower the signal delivered to the other end.

How do u know u have this type of cable then? If u use an ohm meter, this is simple and I don't need to go further. Otherwise test it out with something that u know it ought to work, a tape player, a stand-alone CD/DVD player etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts