AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pioneer d814-s receiver and just a normal dell laptop...I want to know the best way to connect my laptop to my receiver in order to maintain the best audio quality...my computer doesnt have an optical audio output or anything..is the best i can do just a simple headphone to rca connection?

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you want to spend a few bucks. You can buy a usb sound card with an toslink output.

Creative labs sells a decent product that would probably work great for you. It's a Soundblaster X-FI 5.1 soundcard and can be had for around 60 bucks.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat006007 /forum/post/16966301

I have a pioneer d814-s receiver and just a normal dell laptop...I want to know the best way to connect my laptop to my receiver in order to maintain the best audio quality...my computer doesnt have an optical audio output or anything..is the best i can do just a simple headphone to rca connection?

"...in order to maintain the best audio quality."

You might want a USB DAC. Many are plugandplay. You can spend a LOT, or not much at all, and depending on your sources (wav, MP3, Lossless Flac, etc.), you'll find a DAC to fit your needs.

shane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts