AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realised that my TV has an RGB input via the scart socket. Having just flicked my DVD player to use this instead of the composite is like night and day!!

Now, how can I get my PC to talk to the TV via an RGB scart socket?

There is very little on the net, but there are some hints that the S-Video TV out socket on some tv cards have extra pins which carry the RGB signal? Any pointers on this?

Anyone know of any cards which can be linked up like this? NVidia Geforce 4 cards preferred...

Although in the past people have talked about wiring the VGA socket directly, I have seen posts recently which suggest that modern VGA cards don't usually output the correct levels to do this? Is this true? Presumably I need to get my card to output a 50Hz interlaced signal as well... (most seem to have a 60Hz bottom limit)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, That's interesting - thanks for the link

See also here:

http://www.sput.nl/hardware/tv-x.html

The main difference is that your circuit has the VGA HSYNC line wired to the scart sync line. Whereas my link advises generating a composite sync signal.

Does anyone know whether the composite sync signal is the default under ATI cards? ie Do I *need* to use powerstrip to enable composite sync (perhaps someone could look in their powerstrip settings and see what it defaults to?)

Any insight on whether the NVidia cards can output a composite sync signal directly? Or any reports from anyone who has done a similar circuit successfully with a Geforce 4 type card?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.