AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure how and when this problem get started. May be my power supply ACBel 380W is aging or add too many things to my PC.

Here is what i have

- 3 x 1TB harddrive Black, Green and Blue

- GA-MA78GPM-DS2H mother board

- 4G of RAM.

- A cooling device for the CPU, dont remember the brand

- An LG Blue Ray Rom.

- IMON IFD

Recently i have added a Power Color HD6450 Graphic card and also update the latest iMON software......

I think it is after thes two things that i do i start having the power problem.

That is, after i switch off my PC, I wont be able to swith it back on until i have to cut off the power completely until the IMON front display went off, then i can push the power button to turn on the PC. sometimes, even this does not work.........this is very strange........i used to be able to use the remote to turn on and off my PC remotely......i lost that capabililty entirely...

any help will be appreciated....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Start by trying to narrow the problem down. Remove everything that is not essential then slowly add them back in until the problem shows up. First unplug everything from the motherboard except the motherboard power mouse keyboard and monitor. If this works next plug in the hard drives and boot into windows and do some more testing. It could as simple as a usb device no allowing your computer to boot or possibly the power supply going bad. The other thing to try is undo what you did before you noticed the problem.

·
Registered
764 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.