AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 /forum/post/0

I've been an Apple fanatic since 1989 and think that Steve Jobs is God and I still think that the Apple TV is a piece of useless garbage.

Yeah, I learned my lesson about that with the iPod. I thought it was an expensive, somewhat pointless gadget. By the time the second generation came out, I was ready to drop $425 on a 20GB model. Best thing I've ever done, when it comes to gadgets.

Apple TV isn't there yet, but I'm not going to say it won't get there. It's very difficult to bet against Apple at the moment. They're ahead of the curve when it comes to vision.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
I love my iPod and all my Macs to death. I just wanted to preface my disappointment in the Apple TV and my disbelief it made that list as to qualify me as perhaps biased TOWARDS Apple products. Perhaps future iterations of the Apple TV will be worthwhile, but I wouldn't buy the current one at half its asking price.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Actually if they release a mac mini with blu ray, I will buy one for a small form factor media player. Dvi out to my hd tv. I think it is much more useful. But it would directly compete with apple tv, so it probably won't happen soon.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 /forum/post/0

the only thing that belongs on that list is the Wii.

I can't agree with that, but there are a few questionable choices....(Google Apps #1? wow. Apple TV #11? oooookay. Samsung Blackjack @ #25? I mean, c'mon).

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberrust11 /forum/post/0

AVS Forum @ #43 is quite an accomlishment:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,13...3/article.html

I know a guy who knows a dog who's owner's brother's wife's sister's boyfriend's 3rd cousin said that ...

Isn't that the same girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night? I guess it's pretty serious.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Back on topic -

Rediculous amount of Apple whoring. What is with that survey? Maybe it's the people but was it really that bad a year for computers that every product Apple manufactures had to appear in the list?

(note - I spent the better part of my youth with an Apple II and then Mac)

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
I just want a Mac Mini without integrated video. You'd think that after they spent all that money on bashing PCs for having integrated video when the G4 Mac Mini came out that they would at least offer an Intel Mac Mini without integrated video. The funny part is that when they debuted the Intel Mac Minis, you could still get to the page on Apple's website that bashed inegrated video.

·
Registered
877 Posts
The reasons are pretty simple. Intel offers integrated graphics at a price point lower than even a very mediocre ATI or Nvidia product can be had for. The Mini is a low-margain, budget machine. Having used a both a low-end Radeon and the GMA 950, I can tell you that there's no functional difference between the two. Any difference is in meaningless, inapplicable benchmarks or simply in your head.

A person could, I suppose, complain about the shared memory. RAM is dirt cheap. The only time it'd be an issue is if a person was trying to get by on the base configuration, and who would do such a thing if they had concerns about it?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.