5,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So went over to http://www.pcalchemy.com/ this afternoon and notice this msg:

Quote:
NOTICE

Like many businesses pcalchemy.com has been hit hard by the financial

difficulties that all are experiencing. Because of this we have permenantly

closed our doors.

It has been a pleasure serving the HTPC and Digital Home communities.

If you have any open issues please email [email protected] and we

will assist as long as we are able to do so.

We hope 2009 brings good things to all.

Kinda sucks, PCAlchemy was one of the great places to get HTPC only related parts at good prices too!

- Josh

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I agree, this is really bad news. They always had good service, prompt shipping, and sold SageTv software products and bundles too. Most of my HTPC gear came from them.

They will sorely be missed. But I hope the principals will find good employment elsewhere. They are great folks.

Good luck guys!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yep Small Businesses don't have political connections and are allowed to fail. If they were a bank or auto manufacturer the gubmint would print them up some money and allow them to run an unprofitable business as long as they wanted to. Welcome to the New World Order.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I guess the owners weren't rich enough to steal from the poor (ie they didn't have access to tarp funds). They will be missed - I noticed their website this afternoon when I went to buy a new fan control.

·
Registered
379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojotandoh /forum/post/15447347

Hard times. Where are we gonna get origenae cases now

I was wondering the same thing. Weren't they the exclusive Origen AE supplier for the US? I bought my X11 and X15 case from them. Excellent customer service!

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacekk /forum/post/15455051

I ordered from Perfect Home Theater a few months ago. They are listed as the official US distributor on Origen's website.

http://perfecthometheater.com/perfec...ater/Cases.htm

I also ordered from Perfect Home Theater and their service was outstanding. I heavily recommend them. Unfortunately, I no longer need my OrigenAE S14V (black), so I'm willing to sell it at a slight discount if anybody is interested.

Michael

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
PC Alchemy was a good company with good service. I am sorry they closed. Best wishes to their former employees...

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygmunt /forum/post/16110504

We are doing the best to replace them.

no offense but you've got a long long way to go to catch up to what they provided.

- Josh

·
Registered
695 Posts
OrigenAE focused on S series. I asked for H6 and X10/X11 and here is their answer:

"As we don’t keep H and X series in stock, we are not able to send them by air. We only produce H and X as we have request from customers and ship from China. It is over US 300-400 for shipping by air from China , so we don’t recommend."

If demand is large enough we can order them (by sea) but lead time will be three, four months.

·
Registered
695 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by umdivx /forum/post/16111103

no offense but you've got a long long way to go to catch up to what they provided.

- Josh

I know. We just started, but we try. (At least in some fields.)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.