AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have these. I recently purchased a set and they sound horrible. They're muffled and the tweeters "crackle" before reaching high volumes. I'm positive they do not have too much power going to them. Both sides sound the same and I'm sure it isn't the wiring because a friend of mine had some cheaper components that we hooked up to my wiring and they sounded much, much better. I have a pair of Kenwood 6 X 8's that put these to shame. Is it likely that I got all bad speakers? Or that I got two bad crossovers?? I'm really disappointed. I have sent an email to MB Quart and left a voice mail. Hopefully they will stand by their 1 year warranty. Anyone have any experience dealing with their customer service?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I bought two sets of these for my car. I haven't put them in yet as I am still waiting to buy other parts, so I threw them into my bookshelf speaker cabinets at home. I think they sound very nice, considering they are in an enclosure not designed for them. I use them with a Velodyne subwoofer for the bottom end and I can't wait to get them into the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.