AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this about a year ago to stream BD-ISO's from my media server to my upstairs. When connected via wired 100 Mbit and 1Gbit/sec, it's stutters constantly.

I don't rip DVD's, so this thing is pretty much useless to me. Any recommendations on a replacement with a working network interface and buffering system?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Have you checked your router settings. First, place the unit on a stable mac-address that doesn't constantly switch. You could also look to see if jumbo frames are supported. Have you tried using a wireless to wired adapter for the popcorn box???

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I have three a210s connected via wired 100 Mbit connections and have never had any stutter issue, even with BD-ISOs. This really does sound like a network/router issue to me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the A-200. For 2 years I had no issues at all, until one day started to stutter. I troubleshooted my server and network for hours and nothing. Then I checked the popcorn, nothing.

At one point I changed the video output option from 1080p24 to 1080p60... problem fixed. Finally I changed back to 1080p24, not a single issue.

Who knows, it may be an unknown bug. You may try this fix.

EDIT: Try using the 100Mb connection, save changes, this is more than enough to stream blu-ray isos

·
Registered
169 Posts
I still use an old Popcorn A110 without problems, I agree it sounds like a network problem. Try loading a movie on an external hard drive and play it. It's not definitive, but if it plays fine, it pretty much confirms network problems.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Somehow I missed the replies.

I have no network issues, I'm using a good gigabit core switches all hard wired with CAT6. I can stream with zero problems on the same hardware to my HTPC and copy files at 300+ Mbits/sec across the network.

And bimmerfreak, lay off the crack.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yep same network issues as you, 20 years IT experience. I tried expensive switches etc. its a POS. my a300 is flawless

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Could this be a heat related issue? How's the heat sink on the cpu? Correctly seated and there's a proper

amount of thermal paste? Might be worth a look before boat anchor time...

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Don't use a PCH (had an A100) anymore but in the past I had similar issues but the problem was with my old NAS-box.

The NAS-box just couldn't cope with playing BD movies while at the same time other computers accessed it.

I guess the best way to test it (as already suggested) is to connect a USB-drive directly to the PCH and see if it still stutters.

Then at least you've ruled out the network and NAS-box if it still stutters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts