AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Apparently the answer to that is: Not a snowballs chance in the Sahara.

Magma seems to be the highest profile name in this area and their cheapest solution is 4 pci slots at a whopping ~$1300 OUCH!

Used you may have a chance of getting lower prices, but I don't see these selling used all that often.

How many more slots do you need?

Good luck

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not really a matter of needing extra slots, but, I'd like to put a couple of Lynx Two-B's in a separate case, out of the primary computer and shielded from as much interference as possible.

As an aside, this is an issue that I've seen come up in a number of different threads over the year or two I've been on this forum. There have been a couple of grassroots attempts to design a case that tries to resolve some of these performance issues, but, AFAIK, no resolution. We are getting prettier cases, but they're not really addressing performance issues. The Heatsink case addresses size and cooling, to a degree, but, to my knowledge, makes no attempt at shielding the power supply. It would be nice to see another thread trying to gather ideas for a case that would enhance performance, separate noisy components, shield the power supply and perhaps even provide a second case for sensitive audio cards.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
350 Posts
Has anyone looked at building a case that had sheilding around the PCI cards? The sheilding could slide down flush against the MB.

kiwi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.