AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the PlayTV PVR TV card and I can't figure out how to get sound with the Revo card. The PlayTV card has an analog audio out but the Revo doesn't have an audio in plug. I can't plug into the input on the motherboard because I had to disable it for the Revo to work.

Surely someone has figured this out?

TIA,

Gary

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The PlayTV PVR has an analog out like a CD-ROM analog out. The only input I can see on the Revo card is a 1/8 Stereo mini jack. Is there a cable I can buy that goes from the TV card to a 1/8 mini jack?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Should be easy enough to fab one, Gary. You could even splice a severed (internal analog) audio cable to a severed 3.5mm cable if you don't want to solder...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
This is the back of your card. It has the same exact plug as the Revo: http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage....108-111-01.JPG

If your trying to plug the Revo to your card internally it won't work as the Revo has no internal plugs. You run a 1/8 plug output on the outside of your TV card (that little blue thingy) to the external 1/8 plug into the external Revo input.

peace

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The plug on the TV card is audio-in, not out. I am using it as audio-in.

edit: The audio out is internal, on-board. It uses a plug like a CD-ROM audio cable.

I guess I'm surprised that the solution is so hokey. Why don't they route audio across the MB like DVD-ROM and CD-ROM?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GaryBernhardt
The plug on the TV card is audio-in, not out. I am using it as audio-in.
Ouch. Looks like your SOL unless you go with Elvis's idea and work a wire from the internal output of the card to the external input of the Revo.

peace

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.