AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I've tried running an AVerTV Duet in my new HTPC, and for some reason, the computer would go in and out of recognizing that the card is there.

When I ran it on Windows 7 RC, every reboot would be a tossup to whether the device is recognized or not. Sometimes it would work flawlessly, most times it wouldn't even pop up in Device Manager.

I've tried the latest BIOS, Vista and 7 drivers, installing Vista on the machine instead, and no luck. It wouldn't even recognize the tuner just once in Vista.

I don't think the tuner itself is to blame. I've tried it in two other systems and it was recognized in all but one of 20-something reboots.

I also tried it in different PCIe slots on my mobo and the same results.

Now I'm left thinking that it's the motherboard's fault but I would rather not have to RMA it. Do you peeps have any other ideas/suggestions/answers? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply,

Could it be something like a PSU issue? Or is it pretty much definitely the motherboard?

I think I'm in denial haha I don't want to have to replace the damn thing.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Considering you tried other PCIe slots I'm not so sure it's a PSU issue, especially if nothing else doesn't act up. But it doesn't hurt to try, if you have another one around. I wouldn't buy one to test it out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
One thing to check is if the card is firmly seating in the slot. I've had more then one PCIE card that's required a little bending on the metal bracket to get the contact to seat firmly in the slot. I recall similar problems occurring with a few PCI cards when the change from ISA occurred.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, now I've gone through the hassle of replacing the motherboard yet still the same deal. After 3 reboots, the tuner just isn't recognized anymore. I also doubly made sure that it was seated firmly in the slot but still no go.

Now this is frustrating haha. Any other ideas?? From anyone? From left field?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts