AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my other thread the stand that accompanies the pdp503 was referred to as little feet and I should go for the full stand.Are the feet that come with the unit not safe to put it on?I plan on keeping it on the feet on an old tv stand I had made for my 175lb. sony wega.Am i okay with these included feet? thanks again

·
Registered
996 Posts
I also used the plastic stand that came with the 503 for 2 weeks. Found it to be extremely stable even around little kids. You can also screw in the feet if you want. I did not.

-Jym-

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plastic feet holding 6 grand worth of plasma is scary but Im going with it what did you do after 2 weeks jym?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Purchased the tilt Pioneer wall mount. One thing I did not like about this mount is that you have to turn a screw to tilt. The other ones you just pulled and it tilted.

The plasma is used for gaming and my kids tend to have a lot of frineds over. My wife convinced me that we did not want the kids pulling on it all the time.

So I have a tile mount that we never change the tilt.

Otherwise the mount was fine.

-Jym-

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used the "little feet" for about two weeks until my Bello 4260 stand arrived and I had no problem with it. You can always use the bolts that come with the stand.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could someone tell me where the little feet are connected on the 503?If they are at both far ends I need to buy a stand for the cabinet its going on but if they are placed in the middle of the unit as most plasma stands seem to be then Im fine with it. thanks

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
No they are not placed at the ends. They are about 6-8 inches in from the end. You connect the feet.

Dave

·
Registered
897 Posts
Does the Pio come with these "little feet?"

Bob

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks dave now I dont have to give up my 300 dollar custom made sony wega table that held that 175lb monster for three years

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Mattg3,

Your welcome. One side note- there are two places to connect the feet, you will want to use the inner most holes which will be about 9-11 from the end of the plasma.

Sat_uplinker,

Yes the feet are supplied with the plasma.

Dave

·
Registered
360 Posts
For folks using the feet in shaker country like CA, you should consider some form of earthquake protection. We went to Home Depot and bought a couple of extra bolts that are used to screw on the feet, a couple of big washers, some 1/8" thick vinyl coated cable, a couple of 4" long eye bolts and some hardware to create loops at both ends the end of the cable.

We created a cable loop through the eye bolts, and screwed the eye bolts all the way into studs. Then we create a small loop in the other end of the cable. Next we took the bolts (the sames as the feet mounting bolts) with the fat washer and inserted them into the loop at the other end of the cable, and screwed the bolts into a couple of the extra holes in the back of the Pioneer (intended for screwing on wall-mounting hardware).

When the house shakes apart the Pioneer is going to be hanging to the wall (wall mounted after all :) ). This is the kind of project that I probably would have procrastinated on for a while, but we had a swarm of small earthquakes nearby about three weeks after setting up the plasma. It provided the requisite motivation.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I should have mentioned that you can screw the feet into whatever you are setting the plasma on to provide some level of earthquake protection (as mentioned earlier). This was not an option for me. The plasma is temporarily (six months or so) sitting on top of my (overpriced but beautiful) Salamander cabinetry; after that it goes on the wall. No holes in the Salamander allowed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.