AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting very conflicting information. I have been told by ActiveLight, that if I have an internet site with a shopping basket, they cannot and will not ship a PDP4330HD or a PDP5030HD. They claim that Pioneer will be doing the same thing that Fujitsu has done, only with the consumer plasma screens. "No warranty if sale generated from an internet dealer." The industrial screens (433CMX & 503CMX) seem to not be involved in this. They can ship the consumer piece as long as it goes to an installer and it

I was sent an email from Electrograph, sent by Pioneer, stating pretty much the same thing but Electrograph is still shipping the screens to me. Another distributor has not said a thing to me. Is it that ActiveLight is stupid or that the other distributor’s could care less? ActiveLight did tell me that Pioneer would be releasing their official statement to them and the public the 3rd of June. Apparently it’s still in legal getting finalized.

Has anyone else heard a thing about this? If this proves to be true, I don’t like the trend here.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I suspect it's true. I don't see why it wouldn't be. Pioneer was apoplectic in January about what was going on with online dealers. They appear to be set to protect their retailers through this move while still allowing discounted online sales of the industrial models.

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.