AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
The thing to note about PlasmaExtreme is in their policy, which puts the burden totally on the buyer in the event of damage or defects. This outfit forces you to file a claim with the carrier if the item arrives damaged.

More important when spending this much money, is for a "swap out" policy, offered by many sellers, allowing you to ship a damaged or defective unit back to to the vendor within a designated time period. While most units arrive in perfect condition, I should not be on the hook to file damage claims.

My preference and for better "peace of mind", would be to wait for when Dell has a sale where the 503 can had for less than PlasmaExtreme.

·
Registered
772 Posts
i was thinking about buying from plasmaextreme... hmm... now i might re-consider... any other members with buying experience from them?

MMAfia

·
Registered
53 Posts
With all things considered, my experience was great.

My plasma arrived damaged. Lisa had told me earlier, when I was going over her policies, to make sure I noted it on the receiving ticket if there was any external damage to the box. And that it was my choice to accept it or not if there was. The damage was minimal so I noted it and accepted it. Lo and behold, there was a crack in the glass.

It took one phone call to Lisa and within 15 minutes, I had confirmation that a replacement would be shipped immediately. I had the tracking 45 minutes later for the new unit. I did not have to make any claims. She took care of everything. She even got the replacement here quicker than it took to get the first one.

End of story, my replacement arrived in perfect condition and I cannot say enough how nice it was dealing with her. She took a nightmare situation and made it smooth. I appreciate her quick response and, honestly, her empathetic ear when I called her upset. All I got was the reassurance that I would be taken care of promptly. I was treated with respect and very professionally.

It took a long time to make my decision and she was always there to answer my calls and the emails were always responded to quickly. I chose her company based on all the great feedback from other members here.

Thanks Lisa, for the "peace of mind"!

·
Registered
137 Posts
All you need to do is note the damages on the receiving ticket and, if you choose not to accept it you can refuse delivery. You do not file any claims. You would just notify Lisa and Lisa notifies her distributor. They take care of all claims and handle the return & replacement. Usually a replacement is sent very quickly. Lisa said that this is very rare for her but if it does happen the customer is taken care of very quickly.

The way this is worded makes it sound like a real pain in the ass for the customer if there is a problem. I think they did a generic dislaimer to get the site up and now that she is notified of the problem she is going to change it for your viewing/shipping pleasure.

I repeat, the customer does not make any claims or has to do any follow up with the carrier if there is damage done. Insurance is included so she makes all the claims. All you have to do is email or call her with the description of what happened (of course note on receiving ticket noticed damage) and you are done. Lisa takes care of everything else.

The ONLY exception is if you received it, signed for it, and never opened it or inspected it for over 30 days AND THEN noticed damage after opening it.

Lisa would never let anyone sit with a bad unit so www.PlasmaExtreme.US IS the way to go. Call her and ask her what her polices are, Im sure she will be happy to tell you.

·
Registered
772 Posts
thx guys, that's some good info there... so, if u note there is some damage to the box, but decide to accept it and find out that the unit is in fact damaged, as in sodo mojo's (nice handle) case, then still don't have to make any claims and they will still handle it, right?

sounds pretty good to me!

now... SD panny 42" or HD pionner 50"? daaaaah!!!!!

MMAfia

·
Registered
93 Posts
I also purchased through Lisa at PlasmaExtreme, and it was a very good experience. The unit arrived in fine shape and the driver asked if I would like help bringing it in, and if I would like to open and inspect it while he was still here. I would have no qualms about using them again.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Check out plasma extreme today 433cmx around 4300 with card

·
Registered
891 Posts
Why Don have you been naughty or nice?

;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.