AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone explain the differences between these units - looks like one is CLASS A the other CLASS B - whatever that means? Also this web site ritzav.com lists the 5001 for $9950 - comments?

Anyone ever dealt with them?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Usually, when the product complies with certain Emissions/Immunity FCC regulations on interference with different devices it is getting an approval for a certain FCC Class. Majority of Electronics targeted at consumers bare FCC Class B certification meaning they will cause less interference while operating in residential installs, while Class A is really for the "industrial" type of the environment. I can get deep into detail but not sure if it will be interesting for forum members. I have a Plasma display which conforms to FCC Class A. If another TV is turned on in another bedroom I can see interference lines caused by the Plasma. If you can - try getting a device which bares FCC Class B approval.

atmosfera

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes

Cant speak for all..but all Plasma’s have hi degree of IR and RF interference. Since no study has been done on different models this†a recallâ€.

But seriously, all have interference. The solution to problem is “how to get around itâ€

MY MX-500 remote is IR only. Dish 6000 will only work on UHF. Problem=2xremotes.

Solution?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Class B is important for home. Another important difference: Fujitsu gives you *3-year* warranty, not just 1-year, on the 5002 (USA).

Since typical extended warranties run over a thousand dollars, it's something to factor in with everything else.

Also, the 5002 has that awesome silver cabinet, 5001 is black.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.