AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I determine which resistors I need in order to change the Fc on the PE 250W amps rumble filter? Ive seen the formula for figuring the BASH amp but not for the PE 250 plate amp.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robv60 /forum/post/0

How do I determine which resistors I need in order to change the Fc on the PE 250W amps rumble filter? Ive seen the formula for figuring the BASH amp but not for the PE 250 plate amp.

For the BASH amp, the capacitors were 0.22uF, hence the 0.22e-6 in the formula. For the 300-794/300-796, the capacitors are 0.1uF. So you should use 0.1e-6 in the forumula.

Good luck--

Greg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj5242 /forum/post/0

Why don't you look on PE's site? They have documents like this that have the resistor values already plugged in.

-Robert

And thats fine if youre wanting to use their specfic values, unfortunately My setup requires a different Fc than what they have listed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmikol /forum/post/0

For the BASH amp, the capacitors were 0.22uF, hence the 0.22e-6 in the formula. For the 300-794/300-796, the capacitors are 0.1uF. So you should use 0.1e-6 in the forumula.

Good luck--

Greg

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is .22e-6?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.