Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...

After being bitten by the upgrade bug, I went from a PB6200 to a PE8700... I also just purchased a Geforece 6600gt and using Purevideo...

Problem: I am using DVI and cannot get 1080i to work... I get the serious jutters, with the card defaults... I have played around with different refresh rates and just get the message from the projector "not supportive", in otherwords, blank screen... I have loaded and played around some with Powerstip with no luck.

Without going into (the inevitable) debate about 720p vs. 1080i, can someone suggest what I am doing wrong. I get a wonderful 1080i with my DVB318, and would like to compare.

My goal is to get as good If not a better picture on my HTPC, then what I get with my DVB318, and so far the 6600gt/purevideo/720p aint doing it.... And of couse I would like to do it in MCE, but I do have TT so either or...

Thanks

Jamie

____________________________________________________________ ___
Quote:
JH> "I swear I have spent more time tweaking then watching movies. Of couse thats because every time I get it perfect... I find ways to make it more perfect... and if I do it this way, I can make it more, ummm perfecter... etc..."

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Should have done your homework w/ Nvidia 6xxx&7xxx cards.

Nvidia cards are too slow to run VMR9 rendering. You are stuck using VMR9 renderless w/c TT and MCE support by the way.

You can start here and here . Ati does not have this issue.....mike....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea... I know... Did some homework, but after reading tons of crap web pages... and a bunch of different reviews... I went with the 6600gt, and after words started seeing the 1080i issue.... But on the bright side I still have 2 weeks to take send it back...

So... I guess it is back to the drawing board for a video card under 200.00 that will help me get as good of a picture, if not better, then my DVB318. (Just watched T2 - Extreme on my DVB tonight, and man it looked great!)

Open to suggestions....

Thanks

Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketech
Should have done your homework w/ Nvidia 6xxx&7xxx cards.

Nvidia cards are too slow to run VMR9 rendering. You are stuck using VMR9 renderless w/c TT and MCE support by the way.

You can start here and here . Ati does not have this issue.....mike....

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
What is a DVB318 and a PE8700? Scaler and PJ? People here who have the Nvidia 6xxx & 7xxx cards Use TT2.1 and MCE05 w/c it user interface runs renderless. ZP 4.5 also supports FS renderless.

For me, my 9800pro/Mits 65" 1080i RPTV has given me great PQ w/ upscaled DVD's and 1080i media for the last 2 years. I run dual monitors, the other is a 17" Fujitsu widescreen for setup and other PC functions. I would like to have other options like Nvidia but Fullscreen Renderless is not an option for me.

So in your case, you could run a 720p desktop and switch to 1080i renderless to view film/video. Hope that helps...mike...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.