AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
I received mine yesterday. The early reviews I read are pretty much spot on. I let it run while I was out at work to break in the drivers a little and got about an hour of listening time this afternoon. I can say that it's easily the best bluetooth or desktop device I've heard, but I haven't listened to some of the powered monitor options. I was listening to Aperion 4B bookshelf speakers prior to the DeepBlue and I can say the dynamics for such a small device are pretty amazing and much more involved than the 4B's. I would say they also have more detail since they have a dedicated mid. There's only a couple downsides I can see so far. The first is that if the system powers off or loses the bluetooth connection, when reconnecting, the volume default is 0 so there is no sound until you turn up the volume. The bass setting also resets to the lowest. And, since there's no kind of display I can't tell what bass setting I'm at, so I just turn the bass up all the way and then start stepping back down to find my sweet spot. I can just see doing this every time the system comes on a bit of a downer, but I plan on leaving it on all the time. It does say in the manual it will auto shutdown after 12 hours, so I guess I need to make sure to play a song in the morning and when I get home -- not a bad chore! The other downside is that while the dynamics are excellent there isn't much of a soundstage or imaging. The sound doesn't seem to project from "outside the box," but it does sure fill the room! I'm sure this is pretty much what you get when you throw all the drivers in such a small footprint, and I haven't heard any better, but I'm a bit spoiled I guess by my 2-channel system. I'm wondering if more break in time will improve the imaging, but I'm not counting on it. Overall I would rate this as a 9/10 and its certainly better than any other product of its type that I've listened to, which includes the Bose unit, Aperion's Aeris (my 2nd favorite and new lower price), and the BW Zeppelin. Any other unit I've heard in the $100-$200 range isn't worth mentioning compared to the DeepBlue, but I'm not including powered speakers. I also own a Peachtree Nova, and love it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just received the Deepblue today, unfortunately I haven't heard the Klipsch unit, so I can't speak to it. Here are my initial impressions:

It is about what I expected based upon the positive reviews I've read. I would say it is maxing out the potential of a Bluetooth all in one unit, and spending anymore IMO would be foolish (perhaps I have already spent too much). My wife wanted a single unit in the kitchen and we now have something I can actually enjoy listening to versus trying (but always failing) to tolerate. It is about the most I could hope for from an all in one package, but it is not better than my Audioengine A5s, and certainly not better than my main system.

·
Registered
621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMoney78  /t/1472899/peachtree-deep-blue-wireless-speakers#post_23516138

I just received the Deepblue today, unfortunately I haven't heard the Klipsch unit, so I can't speak to it. Here are my initial impressions:

It is about what I expected based upon the positive reviews I've read. I would say it is maxing out the potential of a Bluetooth all in one unit, and spending anymore IMO would be foolish (perhaps I have already spent too much). My wife wanted a single unit in the kitchen and we now have something I can actually enjoy listening to versus trying (but always failing) to tolerate. It is about the most I could hope for from an all in one package, but it is not better than my Audioengine A5s, and certainly not better than my main system.

Thanks for your impressions - The price is holding me back at the moment

1 - 5 of 5 Posts