AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much searching I'm unable to determine the best way to integrate my existing setup.

I have a new Peachtree Nova which I would like to add to my home theater setup (for use with my iTunes music library), described as follows:

Mac Mini iTunes music server --> streams to -->

Apple TV2 --> connected via HDMI to -->

Denon AVR-2309CI --> outputs to TV (via HDMI), as well as my speakers -->

Monitor Audio RX8

Question is, how best to include the Nova in this arrangement? My AVR does not have left and right pre-outs so using the Nova's HT bypass function is not an option (afaik).

I was thinking I could simply use the ATV 2's optical-out to the Nova, and from there to my AVR to handle my 2 channel use in direct mode. However, being that the ATV is already connected via HDMI to the AVR for both video and audio, will the optical connection be ignored and bypass the Nova's superior DAC?

Essentially, I wish to maintain the GUI features of iTunes/ATV as well as the superior DAC/amp features the Nova provides.

Any advice out there? Many thanks!

John

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good question. You might be able to turn off audio-through-hdmi in the ATV settings. Or it might output through both all the time anyway. Should be easy to test. Hook the optical output to a different input on your AVR and see if the audio comes through.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts