AVS Forum banner

461 - 480 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
8,783 Posts
Mr. Robot is on Prime Video. Not sure when that licensing run will expire. But, they are pulling back more content to Peacock as it expires. Parks & Rec drops off Netflix, Hulu and Prime VIdeo at the end of the month and lands on Peacock exclusively on Oct. 1. The Office to follow in 2021. Brooklyn Nine-Nine just added all 6 seasons on Peacock as well.
Prime has the first 3 seasons free for Prime and the 4th is a "buy". I bought the first 3 seasons elsewhere. Probably if I "bought" 4 a week or two later it would be my luck that it winds up "free" for Prime or all seasons on Peacock (with ads). o_O

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
it would be my luck that it winds up "free" for Prime or all seasons on Peacock (with ads). o_O
LOL. That is possible.

But, I remember Prime Video promoting heavily that they were the exclusive streaming home for Mr. Robot when they got the rights. Likely they purchased a streaming window that will give them exclusivity to all four (4) season for awhile before it can land somewhere else. But, all these streaming license rights windows read like a spider-web of complexity. Who knows where it might show up next?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I just got Peacock Premium on my Comcast X1..non dvr box. If I get a movie will there be ads? Some have said yes but only about a minute per hour. Is Peacock even worth it even though I have the Premium Free from Comcast?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I just got Peacock Premium on my Comcast X1..non dvr box. If I get a movie will there be ads? Some have said yes but only about a minute per hour. Is Peacock even worth it even though I have the Premium Free from Comcast?
There is a commercial-free tier. The two tiers below that are ad-supported. NBC has advertised that there will be no more than 5 minutes of advertising per hour of programming. From most comments of people that have tried either of these ad-supported tiers the advertising load is no more than 5 minutes per hour and in some cases even less.

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Peacock Sets November Premiere Date For ‘Saved By The Bell’ Reboot

This November, Saved By The Bell fans can have some Peacock with their turkey as the reboot of the beloved series is set to hit the NBC streaming service on Nov. 25.

With its premiere date announced Tuesday, the Saved By the Bell reboot follows California Governor Zack Morris (Mark-Paul Gosselaar) who gets into trouble for the state’s many underfunded high schools and proposes they send affected students to California’s highest-performing schools. Thus enter the iconic Bayside High. The influx of new students gives the overprivileged Bayside kids a much-needed dose of reality.

Elizabeth Berkley are Mario Lopez are set to reprise original Saved By the Bell roles. Also rounding off the reboot cast are Josie Totah, Dexter Darden, Haskiri Velazquez, Mitchell Hoog, Alycia Pascual-Pena and Belmont Cameli.

Tracey Wigfield serves as writer and executive producer for the series, alongside executive producer Franco Bario. Peter Engel also serves as executive producer. Saved By the Bell is produced by Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group.

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
‘Dr. Death’: Maggie Kiley To Direct First 2 Episodes As Peacock Limited Series Sets All-Female Directing Team

EXCLUSIVE: Maggie Kiley (Dirty John: The Betty Broderick Story, Riverdale) is set to direct and executive produce the first two episodes of Peacock’s limited series Dr. Death, starring Jamie Dornan, Alec Baldwin and Christian Slater. Kiley replaces Stephen Frears, who had signed on for the project in January but had to step away due to scheduling conflicts given the shift of production dates due to coronavirus pandemic. Dr. Death, from UCP, was among a slew of shows whose production was delayed by months amid the pandemic.

Kiley leads an all-female Dr. Death directing team, which also includes Jennifer Morrison (One Of Us Is Lying, Euphoria), who will direct the third and fourth episodes, and So Yong Kim (Lovesong, Grand Army), who will direct the remaining episodes.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Kat Coiro To Direct ‘Girls5eva’ Pilot For Peacock And Tina Fey

New streaming services are keeping her busy. She-Hulk on Disney+ and Girls5eva on Peacock.

·
Registered
18,530 Posts
That Code 404 looks pretty good.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Today is the first day that Peacock has shown some of the French Open tennis matches. Tennis Channel (via YouTubeTV) is the primary F.O. carrier this year, and I've been watching the F.O. most of this week on Tennis Ch. Today, I took a look at a couple of matches on Peacock, and the video quality was superb compared to the rather low video resolution on Tennis Ch. YTTV's PQ is fine on most other channels.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Well, so far it is not clear to me just what is available on Premium. I do get it free from Comcast however.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Well, so far it is not clear to me just what is available on Premium. I do get it free from Comcast however.
You answered your own question. If you had a free account, you'd know fairly quickly. All of the real housewives shows except Dallas is premium. There's a joke there that I won't do. But, it's there. It's also true for other popular basic cable shows like the Kardashians and Vanderpump Rules. As you would expect, things borrowed from premium cable like Ray Donovan and The Affair are premium.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
FREE from Comcast is getting you Tier 1 and Tier 2 content access. The Tier 3 PREMIUM access (additional $4.99 a month for Comcast customers) will get you commercial-free access and provide some expanded Sports access. Right now that Sports access is Premier League matches, Cycling events and some expanded Golf Coverage of major tournaments (US Open, Ryder Cup, etc.). I think the plan is to also include expanded Olympic coverage in 2021.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Flex streaming box arrived the other day. It’s going on the family room tv where the wife and kids mainly watch. Hooked it up. No Disney+, no YTTV. Disconnected and reconnected the old Roku 3. The Flex will remain in storage until something worthy comes out on the Peacock.
I just installed the peacock on my Roku this evening. Not paying for this but it works fine.
Johnny S.

·
Registered
26,799 Posts
Save Me Too | Official Trailer
It appears that this is the second season of a show called Save Me. The first season is carried by Starz in the U.S. while Peacock is only getting season 2.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
It appears that this is the second season of a show called Save Me. The first season is carried by Starz in the U.S. while Peacock is only getting season 2.
I think both seasons will be on Peacock. The trailer above is for Season 2, which will be available on November 5th on Peacock.

I am seeing Season 1, six (6) episodes of SAVE ME on Peacock now. This is a Sky Atlantic show. Season 1 ran in 2018, but Season 2 finished its airing on Sky Atlantic in April / May of 2020. They did a slight Series name change in Season 2. Season 1 was SAVE ME. Season 2 was named SAVE ME TOO. Bit of a time jump in Season 2.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
‘Girls5eva’: Paula Pell Joins Peacock Comedy Series From Tina Fey

They are building out quite a talented cast for this one.

461 - 480 of 515 Posts