AVS Forum banner

481 - 500 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
So without paying for some level of subscriber fee, all I can watch is the 1st episode?
If you are asking about Peacock Originals content, YES.

On Tier 1 (FREE, ad-supported) they will tease out the first episode of some Peacock Originals, but beyond that you either need to upgrade to Tier 2 ($4.99 for non-Comcast/Xfinity subscribers, Free for Comcast/Xfinity subscribers) which includes all Peacock Original content, but is still ad-supported (no more than 5 minutes per hour). Tier 3 ($9.99 for non-Comcast/Xfinity subscribers, $4.99 for Comcast/Xfinity subscribers) includes all Peacock Originals commercial free. Tier 3 also includes additional sports coverage (Premier League, Cycling, major Golf events and eventually expanded Olympics coverage)

Reactions: iamian

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
If you are asking about Peacock Originals content, YES.

On Tier 1 (FREE, ad-supported) they will tease out the first episode of some Peacock Originals, but beyond that you either need to upgrade to Tier 2 ($4.99 for non-Comcast/Xfinity subscribers, Free for Comcast/Xfinity subscribers) which includes all Peacock Original content, but is still ad-supported (no more than 5 minutes per hour). Tier 3 ($9.99 for non-Comcast/Xfinity subscribers, $4.99 for Comcast/Xfinity subscribers) includes all Peacock Originals commercial free. Tier 3 also includes additional sports coverage (Premier League, Cycling, major Golf events and eventually expanded Olympics coverage)
Thanks, deleting the app.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
So the expanded French Open access mentioned above is only available if I pay for the $10/mo commercial-free tier rather than the $5/mo ad-supported tier? (I don't have Comcast.)

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Afaik it's on the ad supported tier......all the $5 more than the Premium free tier gets you is no commercials afaik.

Reactions: Zookster

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Afaik it's on the ad supported tier......all the $5 more than the Premium free tier gets you is no commercials afaik.
Peacock needs to get better with identifying what is on what. Pretty sure Premier League matches are only on the top Premium commercial-free tier. I think Tour de France and upcoming Vuelta a Espana cycling were/are as well.

Reactions: wilbur_the_goose

·
Registered
26,799 Posts
I think both seasons will be on Peacock. The trailer above is for Season 2, which will be available on November 5th on Peacock.

I am seeing Season 1, six (6) episodes of SAVE ME on Peacock now. This is a Sky Atlantic show. Season 1 ran in 2018, but Season 2 finished its airing on Sky Atlantic in April / May of 2020. They did a slight Series name change in Season 2. Season 1 was SAVE ME. Season 2 was named SAVE ME TOO. Bit of a time jump in Season 2.
Thanks for that. When I did a search for Save Me in the ReelGood app, it said that season 1 was only on Starz. But I just searched for it within Peacock and there it is.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Thanks for that. When I did a search for Save Me in the ReelGood app, it said that season 1 was only on Starz. But I just searched for it within Peacock and there it is.
Yea. They did a weird Series name change between seasons and there was a couple years between seasons. Plus, SAVE ME brings up a lot of different movies and tv series in a video search. Easy to get mixed messages from any search engine.

ReelGood needs to refresh search catalog. I have STARZ and it is not on there. But, JustWatch shows Season 1 and 2 as only available for purchase on Apple TV, even though I have Peacock flagged as a service to track. Go figure. I don't envy any of those video search engines for trying to keep up with where all this content is from month to month.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I've watched the Premier League matches on the free tier via Comcast btw.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I've watched the Premier League matches on the free tier via Comcast btw.
It is confusing. But, there are matches exclusive to Peacock streaming. If you are subscribed to Comcast then you likely have NBC Sports Network. NBC SN has some Premier League matches and then Peacock has other Premiere League matches. Lots of folks are fuming that some top tier early season matches are only available on Peacock and require an upgrade to the Premium tier, even if you are a Comcast/Xfinity customer with NBC SN access.

Reactions: Zookster

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
The Premier tier is what I have.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts

·
Registered
26,799 Posts
ReelGood needs to refresh search catalog. I have STARZ and it is not on there.
So it's been dropped from Starz? Good to know.

But, JustWatch shows Season 1 and 2 as only available for purchase on Apple TV, even though I have Peacock flagged as a service to track. Go figure. I don't envy any of those video search engines for trying to keep up with where all this content is from month to month.
Even more confusing, the Roku search engine says that the show (clearly displaying Lennie Clark in the poster image) is also on Netflix, but if you follow the link, it takes you to an unrelated Korean series with the same title.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Even more confusing, the Roku search engine says that the show (clearly displaying Lennie Clark in the poster image) is also on Netflix, but if you follow the link, it takes you to an unrelated Korean series with the same title.
Yes. That generic SAVE ME title creates havoc in search engines. Fire TV gives me the Korean series and about two others and a whole host of similarly titled movies. And not one of them is the actual BBC TV series I was looking for!!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
It was white for me with a play button. When I scroll back I see it now.
Ah. Okay. I used the link from the DEADLINE article and the preview show it properly for me. Just wondering if I should handle it differently. Thanks.

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Ah. Okay. I used the link from the DEADLINE article and the preview show it properly for me. Just wondering if I should handle it differently. Thanks.
Nope, was on my end, I had an issue that all videos would not show the preview. Looks like something I did screwed it up but I undid my work.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Ashley Park Back In The Band In Peacock’s ‘Girls5eva’

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
481 - 500 of 515 Posts