AVS Forum banner

701 - 720 of 762 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,814 Posts
Excellent show, very funny and the lead is fantastic in this. He plays it perfectly. Highly recommend.
My favorite character is Darcy, the ex-Olympic skier and now bar owner, she is crazily funny and has some of the best lines in the series. Lost of good characters in fact, the kid is especially good too. I'm surprised this show hasn't had more comments, it's sneakily funny.

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
My favorite character is Darcy, the ex-Olympic skier and now bar owner, she is crazily funny and has some of the best lines in the series. Lost of good characters in fact, the kid is especially good too. I'm surprised this show hasn't had more comments, it's sneakily funny.
Yeah, her lines are awesome, she plays it so well too.

·
Registered
19,378 Posts
Excellent series. Thought it was very well done and it made me want to binge watch the whole season.
Absolutely. I watched a few episodes that were made available by AT&T a couple years back so was happy that NBC picked it up for Peacock. A 3 seasons are available. But to get the "Brady" references you'll need to start with season 1.

Also up your alley is Peacock is having a Leprechaun movie marathon. And not sci-fi or horror but "Mistress of War" is one first class TV series.
Thanks guys. I will definitely check this series out now. And who doesn’t like a wee leprechaun? They’re magically delicious.

·
Registered
9,037 Posts
RESIDENT ALIEN | TRAILER

First three (3) episodes now available on PEACOCK with weekly releases for remainder of the season.
Funny, because Syfy.com had the first 4 episodes before they required a login.

I've also been wading through the first two seasons of "Project Blue Book".

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I heard there's no resolution to the Project Blue Book story arc with its cancellation. Is it still worth watching?

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
Will Forte To Star In & EP Grief Drama ‘Expiration Date’ In The Works At Peacock With ‘Fleabag’ Producers
By Peter White

Will Forte has teamed up with the producers of Fleabag on a suicide drama in the works at Peacock.

The streamer is developing Expiration Date, which The Last Man on Earth actor will star in and exec produce alongside Harry and Jack Williams, who are also the writers of British crime dramas such as Liar and The Missing.

The project follows Robin, played by Forte, who, consumed by grief, finds a life insurance policy that covers suicide, provided that the individual doesn’t carry out the deed within one year. Content that his family will be provided for, Robin sets his expiration date and contemplates how he will spend his final year. It’s going to be a long twelve months.

Expiration Date comes from Universal Television and Harry and Jack Williams’ All3Media-owned production company Two Brothers Pictures, which produced Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s smash hit comedy. The Williams, Forte and Sarah Hammond will exec produce.

It is Forte’s latest project with the NBCU streamer – he is also set to star in MacGruber, which was ordered to series last summer.

“Harry and Jack Williams are two of the best creative minds in the industry,” said Lisa Katz, President, Scripted Content, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. “We are excited to develop this poignant and unpredictable drama with them and continue mining complex stories and characters. Having Will Forte in the lead role as well as a producing partner takes it to the next level.”

Forte is represented by UTA, Rise Management, and attorneys Ken Richman and Robert Koch at Hansen Jacobson and Harry and Jack Williams are represented by UTA, Independent Talent Group in the UK, and attorney Tara Kole at Gang Tyre.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Here is free 3 months for anyone that wants it.

Code: PEAPUGLQLY3HUV

Redeem at: PeacockTV.com/ShopPlayWin

credit to ViPa at SD

·
Registered
9,037 Posts
Last night watching the 7th episode of "Mistress of War" at 33 minutes the stream locked up. Audio kept playing but there was a frozen frame. I made numerous attempts to play including completely leaving the Flex and going back. Played a little other content on Peacock to see if it was just a botched video segment in the buffer but nothing worked. I will check again today and if it is still doing it will contact their support.

·
Registered
9,037 Posts
I contacted support and they had me check if it also did this in the browser which it did and I suggested they try it on their side and the tech was gone for a couple minutes then thanked me for letting them know about it. Now we'll see how long it takes to get fixed. Overall it may be an audio issue because audio goes completely away during the frozen frame which last minutes and subtitles continue but don't reflect what is supposedly going on in the scene. I say audio because you usually sync the video with the audio (the reverse could be disastrous).

·
Registered
15,724 Posts
I was bored so I decided to actually check out Peacock (Free tier)...watched a few minutes of some of the Originals such as the Saved by the Bell reboot...picture quality is surprisingly good for 1080p SDR...good to see Peacock and HBO Max deliver solid 1080p quality...4K would be even better but it doesn't seem like it's a priority for them...Hulu and Paramount+ have been around for years and have only a handful of 4K HDR titles

since I don't see any interesting Originals coming up on Peacock I might just use my 7 day Premium Plus free trial now as I'm in the mood to re-watch some John Wick...the first 2 movies are available on Peacock and the 3rd movie I can get via a free trial through Amazon Channels or Apple Channels (Cinemax)

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I was bored so I decided to actually check out Peacock (Free tier)...watched a few minutes of some of the Originals such as the Saved by the Bell reboot...picture quality is surprisingly good for 1080p SDR...good to see Peacock and HBO Max deliver solid 1080p quality...4K would be even better but it doesn't seem like it's a priority for them...Hulu and Paramount+ have been around for years and have only a handful of 4K HDR titles

since I don't see any interesting Originals coming up on Peacock I might just use my 7 day Premium Plus free trial now as I'm in the mood to re-watch some John Wick...the first 2 movies are available on Peacock and the 3rd movie I can get via a free trial through Amazon Channels or Apple Channels (Cinemax)
Thanks for the heads up about John Wick. I hadn't seen it before. Pretty good, though I was subjected to four commercial breaks ( I pay for ad-free Plus).

If you have time, check out The Capture on Peacock. It's only six episodes. A twisty high-tech thriller.

·
Registered
15,724 Posts
Thanks for the heads up about John Wick. I hadn't seen it before. Pretty good, though I was subjected to four commercial breaks ( I pay for ad-free Plus).

If you have time, check out The Capture on Peacock. It's only six episodes. A twisty high-tech thriller.
I signed up for the 7 day free trial of Premium Plus thinking there wouldn't be any ads but like you said there were still a couple of quick 15 second ads...if I had known beforehand I would have just used the Free tier and saved the Premium Plus free trial for another time

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I signed up for the 7 day free trial of Premium Plus thinking there wouldn't be any ads but like you said there were still a couple of quick 15 second ads...if I had known beforehand I would have just used the Free tier and saved the Premium Plus free trial for another time
I've watched dozens of TV show episodes (half dozen different shows) and a couple other movies on Peacock since November, and this is the first time I've seen any kind of ad breaks. I'm assuming if one doesn't have Plus, you get more than a 15-sec promo spot during John Wick.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I've watched dozens of TV show episodes (half dozen different shows) and a couple other movies on Peacock since November, and this is the first time I've seen any kind of ad breaks. I'm assuming if one doesn't have Plus, you get more than a 15-sec promo spot during John Wick.
Are you guys referencing the $9.99/month ad-free tier of Peacock?

I haven't watched any movies on Peacock, but I have seen a similar promo placement on movies that are part of the AMC+ streaming service, which is commercial-free. I have watched quite a bit of TV series on AMC+ and have not seen even one ad or promo placement. However, on the few movies I watched (couple of the Underworld movies) there were about two (2) 15-20 second promos in each movie. Weirdest part is that the promos are about the AMC+ service, which I am using to watch the movie. Seems like an odd place to put a promo about a service I am actively using at the moment.

Sounds like both of these services leave TV series ad-free if you pay for it, but will drop a quick promo in movies.

·
Registered
15,724 Posts
Are you guys referencing the $9.99/month ad-free tier of Peacock?

I haven't watched any movies on Peacock, but I have seen a similar promo placement on movies that are part of the AMC+ streaming service, which is commercial-free. I have watched quite a bit of TV series on AMC+ and have not seen even one ad or promo placement. However, on the few movies I watched (couple of the Underworld movies) there were about two (2) 15-20 second promos in each movie. Weirdest part is that the promos are about the AMC+ service, which I am using to watch the movie. Seems like an odd place to put a promo about a service I am actively using at the moment.

Sounds like both of these services leave TV series ad-free if you pay for it, but will drop a quick promo in movies.
yes I signed up for the 7 day free trial of Premium Plus ($9.99 tier)...it states that there will still be ads in select content...I haven't watched much on Peacock to know how prevalent the ads are in the $9.99 tier but it wasn't too bad...

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
yes I signed up for the 7 day free trial of Premium Plus ($9.99 tier)...it states that there will still be ads in select content...I haven't watched much on Peacock to know how prevalent the ads are in the $9.99 tier but it wasn't too bad...
I have been on the ad-free tier since launch and have not seen any ads on the TV series side. I wonder if some of these license rights to movies might have some requirement?

AGENTS OF SHIELD on ABC was a similar anomaly on HULU. Even on the ad-free tier they would throw up a disclaimer at the start of each episode that 'due to licensing rights' it was not commercial free. One 20 to 30 second ad would run and then the remainder of the episode was ad-free. I am guessing some language in these streaming rights licenses might dictate it.

·
Registered
15,724 Posts
I have been on the ad-free tier since launch and have not seen any ads on the TV series side. I wonder if some of these license rights to movies might have some requirement?

AGENTS OF SHIELD on ABC was a similar anomaly on HULU. Even on the ad-free tier they would throw up a disclaimer at the start of each episode that 'due to licensing rights' it was not commercial free. One 20 to 30 second ad would run and then the remainder of the episode was ad-free. I am guessing some language in these streaming rights licenses might dictate it.
I give Peacock credit for at least telling people upfront that the Premium Plus tier will still contain some ads...on the signup page it says: "Due to streaming rights, a small amount of programming will still contain ads (Peacock channels, events and a few shows and movies)"

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
That's what it was like for me during John Wick: the four 15-second ads were all promos for other content on Peacock. Maybe there's some loophole that while required to run ads for licensing reasons in select content, Peacock can run whatever it wants.

As many have reported, the ads aren't bad, even in the $5 tier, on Peacock. But the reason I paid to upgrade to ad-free is I don't want any ad-breaks at all. Because my AVR is cranked up for DD+, the audio on the ads is incredibly loud, forcing me to hit the mute button every time. Not to mention it breaks the immersion factor while watching a movie especially. I also caught spoilers in an ad for season 3 of Mr. Mercedes (I've only watched the first season).

I've watched the first two Bourne movies recently and didn't see any ads, so something unique about John Wick. I'm sure John Wick 2 will be similar.

·
Registered
15,724 Posts
Because my AVR is cranked up for DD+, the audio on the ads is incredibly loud, forcing me to hit the mute button every time. Not to mention it breaks the immersion factor while watching a movie especially...
I agree about the annoying audio...the volume for the ads is much louder then the audio for the movie currently playing...definitely agree about the immersion as well...during John Wick the later ad breaks were immediately after an intense action sequence which broke my concentration...

701 - 720 of 762 Posts