AVS Forum banner

741 - 760 of 764 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Anyone else experiencing less than stellar PQ on Peacock? TV episodes usually load with low res and ramp up within few seconds but I was trying to watch some sport contents, hockey and soccer, but they never ramp up and stay low res. I am using the internal app on Sony X900H and I have more than adequate bandwidth, 170+Mbs. I have no issues with any other apps but this one.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
‘John Wayne Gacy: Devil in Disguise': 11 Shocking Revelations From Peacock’s Series About the Killer Clown

Gacy was convicted of 33 murders, burying most of his victims’ bodies in the crawl space beneath his house

·
Registered
2,978 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I had twelve shows and movie waiting to be watched weeks ago. I went back and they are no longer available. That was fast.

·
Registered
15,780 Posts
NBCUniversal May Pull Movies From Netflix, HBO Max To Boost Peacock

Comcast is considering removing NBCUniversal films from streaming platforms like Netflix and keeping upcoming releases for its own Peacock service, according to a new Bloomberg report...the report arrives at a time when competitors like WarnerMedia and Disney are using their streaming services to offer subscribers exclusive access to new, highly anticipated films

For subscribers this means that movies like F9 could stream exclusively on Peacock instead of heading to HBO Max...currently, Universal has an output deal with HBO Max that gives the streamer "rights to show new Universal Pictures movies about nine months after they leave theaters," according to Bloomberg...Illumination (the studio behind Despicable Me and Minions) reportedly has a similar deal with Netflix...both deals are set to expire at the end of 2021...

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
‘Girls5eva’: Peacock Comedy From Tina Fey, Meredith Scardino Gets Premiere Date, Trailer & Art
By Alexandra Del Rosario

It’s going to be a pop girl summer as Peacock sets a premiere date for Girls5eva, from Tina Fey and Meredith Scardino.

Created and written by Scardino, Girls5eva will premiere on the NBC streaming platform on Thursday, May 6. The comedy series, which stars Sara Bareilles, Renée Elise Goldsberry, Paula Pell and Busy Philipps, follows a one-hit-wonder girl group from the 90’s. When the band’s hit gets sampled by a young rapper, its members reunite to give their pop star dreams one more shot. They may be grown women balancing spouses, kids, jobs, debt, aging parents, and shoulder pain, but can‘t they also be Girls5eva?

Peacock will drop all eight episodes of the comedy on the premiere date.

The streaming platform also revealed the trailer and art for the upcoming comedy. The trailer, which you can watch above, teases Girl5eva’s rise to fame and their less-than-pretty attempts to return to their glory days. They find inspiration and confidence in each other to knock audiences off their feet, quite literally.

“Four grown ladies trying to be pop stars again – strap in,” Bell’s Gloria says in the trailer.

Girls5eva is executive produced by Scardino, Jeff Richmond, Tina Fey, Robert Carlock, David Miner and Eric Gurian. The comedy is produced by Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group.

See the Girls5eva poster below.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts

·
Registered
19,402 Posts
A quick search and all I see is a season 2 renewal, nothing else after that.

At least it got renewed. I enjoyed it. What does your crystal ball say about Departure? I know it's cheesy. But I like cheese.😊

·
Registered
9,040 Posts
A quick search and all I see is a season 2 renewal, nothing else after that.

Most shows only get renewed for one season. More than one is exceptional particularly for British shows.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
At least it got renewed. I enjoyed it. What does your crystal ball say about Departure? I know it's cheesy. But I like cheese.😊

There’s no need to wonder if Peacock will cancel or renew Departure for season two. The show has already been renewed for a second season on Peacock and channels around the world. Production on season two began in Canada in September 2020.

·
Registered
19,402 Posts

There’s no need to wonder if Peacock will cancel or renew Departure for season two. The show has already been renewed for a second season on Peacock and channels around the world. Production on season two began in Canada in September 2020.

See? This is why you da man.👊 I'm sending a virtual shot of tequila your way.😊 Salud.

·
Registered
16,794 Posts
I forgot about the discount that apparently ended last month .. hoping another comes around ..

Sorry, wrong thread .. should have been in Paramount .. too many durn streamers to keep up with ..

Reactions: RobKnapp

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
‘Queer As Folk’ Reboot Picked Up To Series At Peacock
By Peter White

Peacock has handed Stephen Dunn’s reboot of British drama Queer As Folk a series order.

The project, which comes from UCP, was originally in development with Bravo back in 2018 before moving to the NBCU streamer in 2019 and has now been a straight-to-series order.

It is a reboot of Russell T. Davies’ series, which starred Aidan Gillen, Charlie Hunnam and Craig Kelly as three gay men living in Manchester. A U.S. remake, set in Pittsburgh, also aired on Showtime.

The Peacock series will be set in New Orleans and will follow a diverse group of friends whoses lives are transformed in the aftermath of a tragedy.

Dunn, who has written and directed on Apple TV+’s Little America and is adapting the novel Yes, Daddy at Amazon with Patrick Moran, created the reboot and will write and exec produce. He will also direct the pilot episode. Exec producers include Lee Eisenberg, Emily Brecht, Russell T. Davies, Nicola Shindler, who produced the original with Davies, and Richard Halliwell, who runs NENT Studios UK, which distributes the format.

It is the latest series order for Peacock, which recently took NBC pilot Langdon and One Of Us Is Lying to series.

“It is a surreal honour to adapt the notoriously groundbreaking series by Russell T. Davies. When the show originally aired, the idea of unapologetic queer stories on TV was so provocative that I felt I could only watch Queer As Folk in secret,” said Dunn. “But so much has changed in the last 20 years and how wonderful would it be if the next generation didn’t have to watch Queer As Folk alone in their dank basements with the sound muted, but with their family and friends and the volume cranked all the way to the max.”

Queer As Folk was more than just a show, it was a ground-breaking and necessary voice for so many people. Stephen’s new version for Peacock arrives at yet another pivotal moment in our culture,” said Lisa Katz, President, Scripted Content, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. “Alex Sepiol, EVP of drama programming, and his team have championed this project from the first moment it landed on their desks, working to ensure the script became the series we’re announcing today. The entire team is so excited to be a part of introducing a new generation to this type of authentic and affirming storytelling.”

Queer As Folk is a transformative show, that in its past iterations, was a pioneer in representation of the LGBTQ community and we’re excited to continue that legacy. Stephen Dunn brings an energy and modern lens to the series through characters we’ve fallen in love with. We can’t wait to bring it to Peacock for viewers to enjoy this visionary and vibrant show,” added Beatrice Springborn, President of UCP.

Dunn is repped by WME, Mosaic, and HJTH.

741 - 760 of 764 Posts