AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/pearlharbor.html

Quote:
Perhaps 'Pearl Harbor' could have been saved if its lengthy scenes of destruction had been as exciting as the sinking in 'Titanic.' But over and over, Bay and Wallace pull away from their main characters to kill off a bunch of uninteresting supporting players. It is just plain sad that while I watched a depiction of thousands dying in a fiery display of sadism, I felt absolutely nothing -- I cried more when that little Ewok died in 'Return of the Jedi.' In fact, remove the Pearl Harbor attack from the movie, and it really wouldn't make a smidgen of difference to the romantic storyline. Thanks to its complete lack of heart and emotion, 'Pearl Harbor's may be best remembered as the most expensive snuff film ever made.

Wow, this guy kills the movie. I was actually thinking of picking it up before reading the review.

For those who've seen it, was it a real stinker or is the reviewer a little overzealous?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I personally hated the PG-13 cut but found the R cut to be a bit more enjoyable.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
It definitely helps to have a nice a/v system to watch it on. Select scenes, anyway. It's not a movie you would watch over and over again. Great demo material, though. My wife loves it. She calls it a soap opera with battles scenes.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I thought the storyline was mediocre, but the PQ and AQ were amongst the best I have seen on either format. Both PQ and AQ were simply Stunning!

~Josh

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I like the movie a lot. I don't understand all the complaints. PQ could be much better, but it's not terrible.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I actually LOVE this movie. (huge Bruckheimer fan too)

Once the bombing attack, prepare for a LOT of action coming your way!

For real, nonstop action for 45 minutes and on a huge screen it just looks great.

Awesome title to have in HD. Audio is incredible and I thought the theme music was good too.

This movie was made for home theater!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatboy77 /forum/post/0

I thought the storyline was mediocre, but the PQ and AQ were amongst the best I have seen on either format. Both PQ and AQ were simply Stunning!

~Josh

I agree PQ and AQ was excellent...Movie itself could put you to sleep at times...But when the bombing begins you start running for cover...its that real sounding

·
Registered
873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LpChaos /forum/post/0

I personally hated the PG-13 cut but found the R cut to be a bit more enjoyable.

The only difference is extra gore....I really do not see what this adds to the movie to the point where you hated the PG-13 cut. I have seen both and could really watch either one without taking away from the viewing experience.

·
Registered
873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benes /forum/post/0

Its an unbelievably horrible movie. Its only good for demo material.

As others have said, to each his own. Your opinion counts for yourself only.....there are many others who would disagree with you.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I thought the PQ was lacking... just wasnt impressed with it

·
Registered
242 Posts
Its not that bad, i have seen much worse. Ben Aflack (lol) is the worse part of the movie, once u get passed him its really a decent flick. Oh and Kate is in this one as well- always good for eye candy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.