AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I got my Pearl on the ceiling...

had to mount via a board connected between to joists (outside the drywall) in other words room was already drywalled/finished. It's on a chief mount.

Messing with it I noticed when my kid ran across the room upstairs the projector/picture was shaking a bit.

My Question:

Will this make my projector go out of whack? Convergence of panels or bulb breakage?

Is there something I can do to absorb the vibration? other than strapping my kid down

or is it something not to worry about.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
I do not see it hurting the projector but it could throw your mount out of wack and your focus. I suppose if it moves violently enough it could be a problem. I got lucky and my "I" beam was at perfect distance so I could ancor there very solid.

Nate

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Question about this ceiling plate. I currently have a threaded 1 1/2 NPT conduit that I installed before the drywall was up in my theater ceiling. It extendes about a 1/2 foot past the ceiling, and I screw my current projector mount into it. Unfortunately, I get a little bit of a shake as well when someone is walking above. Could this mount screw into the existing conduit as opposed to attaching it to drywall? I really can't find a good drawing of the mount to exactly tell the mounting options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.