AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I'm posting in the right place. I need help!

I am having an issue with a remote that came with our Scientific Atlanta 8300 box. Problem is, the remote doesn't control the box itself! ??? Does anyone know how to get it to work the box? Kind of hard to watch TV or program other components on a remote that is useless! And yes, the batteries are fine.

I would be most appreciative! Many thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. Nothing. Doesn't control any functions of the box at all - no power, no volume, etc.

I absolutely loathe dealing with Comcast, so I wanted to come here to see if anyone knew of a fix. I even looked online at codes for that remote/box and they have a series of codes for cable boxes. Used the three codes for the SA box and nothing worked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, batteries are good and all of the top buttons light up when buttons are pressed. I even changed the batteries despite the buttons lighting up to no avail. Very frustrating! But then again, we're dealing with Comcast here, so I don't know why I expected anything different. Ugh.

·
Registered
22,641 Posts
Why not give Comcast a call? They hopefully can provide instructions to (re)program the remote for that particular cable box or replace if necessary.

Also... have you seen these other threads? Perhaps your TV is interfering with the IR sensors.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1295572

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.