AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a Walen Pedestal Stand. It's only rated for up to 60" displays. I will be getting a 65 inch TV this week. However, the stand says it can handle up to 165lbs, and my TV (65VT25) will only be 106lbs.

When I was at the stores this weekend, they were displaying TV's past their size dimensions, 60 inches on a 58 inch stand, etc etc. I asked the sales guy if the stands specs were more determined on weight than size and he said, "It should work, as long as the stand can support the weight, you'll be fine."

Is this accurate? I like the stand I am looking at, it meets my component requirements, but I DON'T want to get it if it won't support my 65" TV.

I don't want to listen to the sales people who say, "it should work."

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts
The specs for these various stands and wall brackets etc were probably written a year or two or three ago when the larger flat panel TVs were much heavier than they are now, so that size restriction could very well be based on old TV weight data.

But even though the TV is lighter than the weight limit, one important thing to check is if the Walen stand's TV bracket can be adjusted wide enough to reach the wider-than-normal mounting screw spacing on the back of the 65VT25. A lot of wall mounts can't be adjusted wide enough to fit the latest 65" Panasonics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.