AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called Pegasus TV and they said they would NOT provide me with a P4 card upgrade (from my P3) just to get the UltimateTV upgrade...

They just flat out refused to listen to a word I said...

If any of you are Pegasus customers with a P3 card, call them and let then have it.

I'm not done with them yet...

Back to DirecTV for wranglings!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Softwiz,

I believe I recall someone else, who is also a Pegasus UTV user, saying in another thread that Pegasus said they would not send him a P4 card unless the 3.7 upgrade screwed up his ability to get programming.

I also remember thinking to myself "well, how would they know if my box was screwed up or not?" and further thinking "If I were him, I would wait until the download hit my timezone, and call Pegasus and say 'Hey, the upgrade screwed up my programming'".

I dont know about the ethics behind doing so, but if they suck as bad as the many posts on here say they do, I would have no problem getting a Pegasus CSR on the line and saying "nope, no picture....oh you did another trick...still no picture....nope, not now either....why dont you just send me the *#%@#$ card please!"

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pegasus customers with P3 cards... I successfully have a replacement card on the way...

Here's what you need to do.

Call DirecTV and explain the problem, they will transfer you to the UTV department where you will probably be talking to John. If you aren't talking to John, get John on the horn.

John did a conference call with Pegasus and I and explained to them about the situation. They agreed to send me a new card. BUT WAIT, as soon as they tried to order the card, it got denied by the "Access Card" department. We then had the supervisor from that department get on the line and hashed it out with her for about 10 minutes.

I really thought we were going to lose the battle. But they broke down and made an "exception".

Now at first they were going to give me 30 days to send my old card back and if not I would be charged $90. But in the end, they are charging my account $90 and IF they receive the card back in 10 days after the delivery date, they will credit my account the $90 bucks.

I wonder what the chances of ever seeing that credit... John said to send the card back certified mail with return receipt and if they did not credit my account to give him a call and he would take another shot at them...

DirecTV just autmatically upgrades Tivo and UltimateTV units with P3 cards when someone calls in because they know they must have them to receive upgrades. Pegasus plays dumb either because they don't understand or they don't care...

Good luck!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have gone through a hu to p4 upgrade with Pegasus and they did credit me for the $90 deposit. Certified mail is a must though, they actually required it of me. I'm thinking of trying the no picture trick so I can get the upgrade. The access card department told me they would wave overnighting me the card since I already tried to get one for the upgrade. :mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
They must be making their CSR aware of the need for the P4, I called Monday and although the original CSR did not know what I was talking about, the supervisor of the Access Cards section did. I know have my new P4 card and 3.7 last night. Sending the Hu card back today.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Interesting tidbit to the whole HU to P4 upgrade. I am in CA and received my P4 card a while ago and both my UTV's upgraded with no problem. I spoke with a friend who also lives in CA, but has not received a P4 card. His UTV is working just fine with the HU card and 3.5

So, it appears that the upgrade should only occur if you have a P4 card. Those with HU's may not need to panic just yet, unless they are dying for the new upgrade.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Pegasus Still Doesn’t Get It!

After reading the above posts I decided to call Pegasus to get a P-4 card for my UltimateTV receiver. First off they didn’t have any listing for my UTV receiver, only by location. Since I have three receivers I had to go and remove the P-3 card and give them that number. Finally got transferred to the Access Card Department but No One at Pegasus knows what a UTV receiver is, so I explained it was like a TIVO. Still they stated they only supplied programming, not cards and I will receive a P-4 from DirecTV sometime later in the year.

So has anyone tried to order a new card from DirecTV that is a Pegasus customer? Maybe that would work since we do have a monthly account with them for the $9.95 charge. Didn’t try, was going to.

My Call Center was in Kentucky and I talked to Cary in the Access Card Department. She said I was the first to call about this issue. After putting me on hold several times I was able to get the same deal. A $90.00 charge for the new card and was told I had to return the old one in TWO days, not 10? She said they don’t like to have to destroy a perfectly good (P-3) card, but will send a P-4 also by FedEx.

I was courteous and they were too. If not I was going to state that I knew Pegasus had a net loss of 33,000 subscribers during their last three-month period and a net loss of 73,000 in 2002, and Customer Service may have had a part in that loss! (The presently have 1.308 million DBS subscribers in their last report)

Thanks for the above posts and hopefully this will help others. If it was not for this Group, we would all be in the dark, like Pegasus!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Follow-up to my above Post:

Checked UTV before leaving house (had called Pegasus about 3 hours before) and found no service! Called Pegasus and was told this Access Card, the one that is going to be replaced with a new P-4, had been de-activated! CSR said he didn't know why, maybe because a new card was sent. I finally got it re-activated. Maybe I should have just waited for a new P-4 card to be sent SOMETIME in the future, but like everyone else I wanted the new up-grade now. Sometimes its better to just leave everything alone, I guess.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My P4 from Pegasus will be here Monday and the wife just called and said we had no Dish. They deactivated the P3 before they even sent out the P4.

She acted like that was no big deal until I asked her how the hell I was supposed to watch TV all weekend.

Needless to say, it's reactivated... :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Tygh
Interesting tidbit to the whole HU to P4 upgrade. I am in CA and received my P4 card a while ago and both my UTV's upgraded with no problem. I spoke with a friend who also lives in CA, but has not received a P4 card. His UTV is working just fine with the HU card and 3.5

So, it appears that the upgrade should only occur if you have a P4 card. Those with HU's may not need to panic just yet, unless they are dying for the new upgrade.
Yes, I was told by the UTV people that a unit with the HU card WILL NOT upgrade. But will do so within a few days after being upgraded to the P4 card.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went though the same problem with my p3 card. Pegasus turned if off as soon as the sent the p4. Had to call and have them reactivate the p3. Seems pretty stupid of them. ... Also be aware that when you get your p4 card from pegasus you will need to call both pegasus and DirectTV to turn on your new card. Otherwise you will not be able to get into my shows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.