AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered a bunch of these from Parts Express to isolate my theater seats from the concrete floor for transducers, I was expecting squishy rubber but these are hockey puck hard. Then I heard that there are two varieties of these. Markertek was said in another thread to have the same isolators but that they were a softer durometer rubber that is better and like sorbothane. I ordered some from Markertek and they are identical to the hard rubber (almost plastic) from Parts Express. Hmmm. I am not sure how this hard rubber is any better than the plastic ones that come on the chairs, except maybe they raise it off floor carpet a bit better and have a smaller point of contact?

So,.... are there several species of Penn-Elcom 9106 rubber feet? If so, which are better and where do I get them? Are the Crowson isolators softer than the hard rubber 9106? Anyone use the hard hockey puck 9106? I am using ADX Maximus transducers. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,879 Posts
I've never had the Penn-Elcom isolators, but the sorbothane isolators from Crowson are quite "squishy". I also have the Buttkicker isolators and they are almost as squishy as the Crowsons.

There are at least a couple members on the Crowson thread with the PE isolators...maybe ask over there?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts