AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a chance to get a truly High-End sounding speakers for a reasonable price. Overall they look very nice, natural veneers look gorgeous, and they sound amazing! Really high resolution designs and are extremely revealing and will reveal.

These are in Harrisburg PA area. I have no boxes so either local pickup or willing to drive 200 miles for meetup/delivery.

New were $7900.
Asking $3000.

Also available for sale:
Dynaudio Contour S 5.4,
BAT Balanced Audio Technology VK-52SE tube stereo preamp,
BAT VK-250SE solid state stereo poweramp,
Merrill Audio Veritas Mono-Blocks,
Acoustic Zen Satori Speaker Cables,
Madrigal CZ Gel-1 XLR Interconnects,
PS Audio Bridge II streaming network card.

Will list shortly.
Feel free to ask any questions.

Amazing imaging and soundstage, coupled with a warm, natural sound. Very detailed, transparent, uncoloured, wide bandwith, and the dynamic is fabulous.

There wasn't that big of differnce between the Libra and the Avanti (imo), and definitely better than the current models. A lot of folks consider Libras more balanced than Avati: in particular, bass is tighter and more articulated.

A three-way floor standing speaker with a one inch fabric diaphragm tweeter , a treated paper midrange unit, anti-vibration reinforcement shell cabinet construction, and push-push dual bass configuration with ultra long-throw bass drivers. The dual woofers in each cabinet are 7 inches, the midranges are 4 inches and the tweeters are 1inch. These are 4 Ohm rated with a frequency response of 26 Hz to 25 kHz, and an 86 dB sensitivity.

Rated 7/10 for age and overall condition.
There are small dents on the black plinth at the bottom, and there are some marks here and there, but it is hard to notice most of them unless you are looking for it. I have tried to picture it. So please see pictures attached as they are a part of the description.

SPECIFICATION
Type: 3 way, 4 driver loudspeaker system
Frequency Response: 26Hz to 25kHz
Impedance: 4Ω
Sensitivity: 86dB
Bass: 2 x 7" cone
Midrange: 1 x 4" cone
Tweeter: 1 x 1" dome
Enclosure: bass reflex, front port
Dimensions: 1060 x 165 x 465mm
Weight: 60 lb (27.5kg) each

Interesting construction of the plinth: it attached to the speaker with dampers, so its function is not only stabilizing, but also decoupling with the floor. These plinths could be removed (easily detached), and - I'm sure - aftermarket Soundocity outrigges could be installed instead. But I like the authentic look of the plinths. I used spikes.

Public address system Wood Audio equipment Wood stain Dead bolt
Dead bolt Wood Door Audio equipment Wood stain
Audio equipment Font Gas Temperature Electronic device
Font Gas Cylinder Temperature Metal
Wood Public address system Audio equipment Material property Loudspeaker
Wood Wood stain Audio equipment Hardwood Gas
Wood Musical instrument Fixture Wood stain Hardwood
Wood Wood stain Musical instrument Hardwood Audio equipment
Wood Gas Composite material Audio equipment Hardwood
Lectern Wood Pedestal Hardwood Wood stain
Wood Fixture Floor Flooring Wood stain
Wood Fixture Wood stain Floor Hardwood