AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only recently noticed this aspect of the forum. Surely there are members here from Los Angeles who would like to get together at least once to put faces with the signatures and would like to share their HT.

I would be happy to have members at my place for a bbq get together. Anyone that is interested start leaving your messages here and let's see what we can put together.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i live in the San Fernando Valley and ould love to go to a HT meeting. I am new to all of this and would like to get some valuable info before i buy my next projector

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O'k. looks like we are starting to get some interest. I doubt if this would evolve into a club but, like I said before, would be nice to put faces to the signatures in the forum I figure if we get together once people will see if they click with each other and if they want to meet again. I am booked on commercials for most of June, and in July will be leaving for Texas for a Ron Howard movie. That leaves a pretty narrow window for a meeting. Saturday, June 22 perhaps?

In answer to do I have "a pretty cool HT". It has potential to be eventually. It is a building that stands separate from our house. I have yet to install air conditioning (mostly because I live at the beach) and usually don't spend anytime in it during the day any ways. It consists of Theta and Vandersteen gear. So, would give you a chance to see if Richard Hardesty knows what he is talking about.

·
Registered
475 Posts
June 22 looking good to me.

BTW, if its of any consequence, my main system includes:

Hitachi SX-5500,

Stewart 4:3, 78" Firehawk, w/custom made stand to sit on center channel.

7" LCD display,

Yamaha DSP-A1,

Yamaha TX-930 Tuner,

Yamaha 2031 EQ,

Yamaha 1031 EQ,

Pioneer DV-47A DVD/DVD-Audio/SACD,

JVC S-VHS,

Sony 3-head cassette deck,

Sony Turntable,

RCA DSS box with DD,

Motorola digital cable box with DD,

Vidicraft video enhancer (for any composite sources),

dbx 119 expander/compressor,

dbx 110 subharmonic expander,

dbx split spectum subwoofer amplifier,

JBL L200s with added 075 ring radiators for left & right mains,

Custom made cabinet with JBL L200 with added 075 components for center channel and second 15" woofer for use as one subwoofer (powered by dbx),

Sunfire Signature True Subwoofer,

Cerwin Vega VS10s (10" 3-way) for both front and rear surround channels,

Aura Bass Shakers (with dedicated amps) installed in couch,

Various distribution boxes for antenna, cable, satelite, monitors,

Quality (but not overly extravagent) cables.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a four year old Sharpvision that i will be replacing in a few weeks with a mits xd200 (unless something better suited for me comes along in the meantime)

Like I said earlier, I would love to see other members HT'S so i can make sure that i am making the right move with the mits xd200, and also get some ideas for improvement..I really hope that we can get a group together

jim

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For those of you that are serious about getting together I will need your email address. I also posted in another forum and looks like about 6 people/couples are interested. So, email me at: [email protected]

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hi folks!

I would love to meet my fellow So-Cal HT friends!! (I live in the San Gabriel Valley). BUT....June 22nd is bad for me :(.

Here is my system...

- Parasound AVC2500 Preamp/Processor

- Parasound 2205 Five Channel Amp (driving 300 WPC)

- M&K 150THX Speaker set and ST-1 stands

- Sony VW10HT Projector (tweaked with SMARTII and a CC30 filter)

- Stewart Communicator 16x9 Grayhawk 100" (hanging on eye hooks from ceiling)

- SI IScan Pro Line Doubler

- Pioneer CLD-703 LaserDisc Player

- Skyworth 1050P Progressive DVD Player

- RCA DTC-100 DirecTV HDTV receiver

- TrippLite Line Conditioners and Surge Protectors

- Xantech IR Distribution system

- Acoustic Research Cabling and Wiring

- Phillips Pronto TSU2000 Universal Remote Control

- Custom ceiling projector lift by Magic Motion

- Old 27" Mitsubishi TV (for "everyday" viewing)

Cya!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm in North Hollywood. Meeting other HT people around LA would be very cool. I'm in the process of building a HT onto my new house. It was part of the reason for moving out of an appartment.

Jason Crosby

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.