AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
is that the limited edition PS3 that comes with war bonds lighters world war two lighters?

if so then that is a bargain.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
What's the problem? It is a backward compatible PS3 which is no longer an option for new retail stock. Not exactly a bargain for me since I don't care about BC, but it does have 6 games, a movie, extra controller, and remote.

·
Registered
728 Posts
PS3 - 400

PS2 - 90 (backwards compat)

crappy games 100

extra controller 45

remote 25

movie 25

used goods - minus 100 (at least)

hardly $700, OP is right

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
If the ad poster is anything like me on craigslist then he is looking to get about $650 out of it. Price it a notch higher than what you expect to get because most everyone wants to get you to come down on the price.

This posting is no worse than the other direction that I see on craiglist... WTB 80GB PS3 for $150. Anyway, he'll either sell it or repost it next week cheaper. If he does repost it without deleting the old one then you can flag him to get the post deleted

·
Registered
859 Posts
I don't really think the poster's the dumb one. Whoever buys it is. If the poster gets his asking price (or hell within $100 of his asking price) I'd say he made out pretty damn good. It's not like this is eBay and he had to pay to post it, all he had to do was take 2 minutes to whip up an item description.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Nothing wrong with shooting high and failing a couple times. The seller probably doesn't need the cash that bad and could even be trying to talk himself into keeping it...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can buy a brand new 80gig at Best Buy for $399 and stop buy Game Stop buy the same used games for $75. That is the problem.

Wow, some of you guys are suckers!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtChurch /forum/post/15528995

I don't really think the poster's the dumb one. Whoever buys it is. If the poster gets his asking price (or hell within $100 of his asking price) I'd say he made out pretty damn good. It's not like this is eBay and he had to pay to post it, all he had to do was take 2 minutes to whip up an item description.

I just hate people who take up my time when I am really trying to buy something off Craigs list.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kciaccio /forum/post/15529279

You can buy a brand new 80gig at Best Buy for $399 and stop buy Game Stop buy the same used games for $75. That is the problem.

Wow, some of you guys are suckers!!

If only you knew what you were insulting others about....that 80GB has PS2 backwards compatibility and cost $499 new at retail whereas the one you buy from Best Buy today does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kciaccio /forum/post/15529304

I just hate people who take up my time when I am really trying to buy something off Craigs list.

It doesnt cost you a single penny to view the ads so why is it wasting your time? You dont like the price? Move on....

Maybe people dont want to give their used goods away to someone who thinks it is their god given right to get everything for free.

·
Registered
859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kciaccio /forum/post/15529304

That is sarcasm right? I think you're being sarcastic but I'm not sure. If you aren't then my god is mankind ever working itself towards an Idiocracy like state. It takes .2 seconds to glance at the ad, see what it's for, see the price, evaluate that it is not a good deal, and move your eyes down to the next item. In fact you probably wasted 100x more of your time writing that post to complain about an item wasting your time looking at stuff on craigslist.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I have a 40 gig from a year ago that plays some ps2 games does that mean it worth more than I paid for it a year ago. if so, it is definitely for sale.

$500 to any takers?

I don't look to steal used goods but they are used goods and will pay for them as used goods. I always offer a fair price.

·
Registered
859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kciaccio /forum/post/15529452

So I have a 40 gig from a year ago that plays some ps2 games does that mean it worth more than I paid for it a year ago. if so, it is definitely for sale.

$500 to any takers?

I don't look to steal used goods but they are used goods and will pay for them as used goods. I always offer a fair price.

Good for you.... This guy is choosing to charge an exorbitant amount of money for his stuff. He might get it. Which of you is the better salesman?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
There is definetly nothing wrong with trying to get the most you can selling things on craigslist. As an example, i bought a fishing boat last spring for $400, used it all summer long, then sold it for $800 at the end of the summer, turned a nice little profit. It's not my responsiblity (or anyone selling something for that matter) to put a fair price in an add. It's the responsibility of the person looking to buy something to realize if they are getting a fair price or not. When i sell on craigslist, i'm trying to make a little extra money, if someone bites great, if not oh well. And it's definetly a wise decision to price what ever your selling for more then what you want to get, because people will try to haggle you down 99% of the time.

Just my two cents...

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Yeah, but where else can you find a smuged up fingerprint galore PS3 like that? I wonder if he's been running it that closed space with the vent blocked like that. Craigslist is disgusting. I only go there once in a while to laugh. I'm not going to some random dude's house with a wad of cash to save my life.

·
Registered
834 Posts
talk about over-reacting, for reasons many others have explained in this thread, I see no problem with his attempt to sell his PS3.

·
Registered
859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus311 /forum/post/15529924

Yeah, but where else can you find a smuged up fingerprint galore PS3 like that? I wonder if he's been running it that closed space with the vent blocked like that. Craigslist is disgusting. I only go there once in a while to laugh. I'm not going to some random dude's house with a wad of cash to save my life.

You know you're not the only person who takes care of their stuff right? And not everyone on the planet is a disgusting pig trying to off their crap on people for a stupidly high price. There's some incredibly good deals to be had on craigslist if you lose that fear of people. A buddy of mine scored an awesome $300 Klipsch 5.1 system for his PC for $50. They'd hardly been used, guy's wife made him get rid of them as soon as he bought em because they didn't match the decor. They've been going strong for a year now and sound fantastic. Find a good deal and just send a couple e-mails back and forth with the seller to get a good feel for the condition of the item and if the seller's a low-life or not and there's some serious $$$ to be saved.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
People will find anything to complain about... especially on the internet!

·
Registered
859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShorty /forum/post/15530106

People will find anything to complain about... especially on the internet!

I hate the internet, it's so stupid. It's just a bunch of people bitching about the most inane things they can think of. Communicating through their stupid series of tubes.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfoolery_79 /forum/post/15528415

PS3 - 400

PS2 - 90 (backwards compat)

crappy games 100

extra controller 45

remote 25

movie 25

used goods - minus 100 (at least)

hardly $700, OP is right

Who the hell wants a PS3 AND a PS2 seperately when you could have it all in one system? Some people will pay a premium for convenience.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts