AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using handbrake but it looks like it has issues with WMC.

I was directed to use mkvmerge instead and make 1:1 ratio copies of my DVD's in .MKV format so I can ply them via WMC

So far it works... however I rant into some issues and I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm sure its just matter of changing settings.

Here it is:

1) In mkvmerge I go to add source, I navigate to my DVD, I enter the VIDEO_TS folder and I select one of the .VOB files and it automatically adds all the .VOB files needed: for example VTS_01_1.1.VOB, VTS_01.2.VOB, etc.

One of my DVDs when I go to the VIDEO_TS folder there are alot of VOB files (example: VTS_01_1, VTS_01_02, VTS_02_1, VTS_02_2, VTS_03_1, etc). When I select VTS_01_1 the tool adds automatically VTS_01_2 as it normally does... but when it starts to convert it takes 2 seconds to complete and the final .MKV product is a very small file.

Basically I don't know if I'm selecting the correct source files from my DVDs. ANy of you know what are the actuall file sources I should be adding from any DVD??

2) One of my DVDs has a lot of foreign languages subtitles within the movie. For example Think of it as the movie District 9, where there are subtitles when the aliens speak When I use mkvmerge it fails to include those subtitles. Any of you know the settings where I can go and include all the subtitles so they can appear when I play the movie??. And the actual source files needed from a DVD?

THanks a lot

·
Registered
563 Posts
I don't know. I have only used mkvmerge with bluray - and have never done it where I've ripped a whole bluray disk.

You might be better off with something like makemkv. Kind of a one stop shop. Not sure though if it handles forced subtitles (district 9)

http://www.makemkv.com/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts