AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsi vs Coke: which do you prefer?

2K views 43 replies 29 participants last post by  AcuraCL 
#1 ·
With all the this vs that threads, I was wondering which you prefer?

This poll is tongue in cheek: guys, no one can know if you will prefer Rockets, vs Divas, vs Axioms vs Ascends, vs.... except you. You got to listen, if sound is important to you. If not, order which is cheaper, nicer looking, blends with your decor, blah, blah. Otherwise, listen and you'll see.

#2 ·
TG,

I see your point. But what if someone who has very little or no experience with soda pop has to choose from not only Pepsi or Coke (my personal preference BTW) but a whole lot of other brands and flavors. In the end, the person would have to choose based on their own taste, but looks to other people with experience to narrow down the choices. What most people are looking for when they ask this question is not exactly tell me what I should buy...but help me narrow down my choices so I don't have to confuse myself and save myself some time.

#4 ·
Pepsi all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brickie

#8 ·
I prefer regular coke, but prefer caffeine free pepsi (which is all I drink now).

#10 ·
With soda all the products are easily available and money is no object. If all the speakers were available down the block and I could afford anything then I would listen to everything I was interested in and buy accordingly.

I think wine is a better analogy then soda because of the cost and the reviews. But then you are right back to reading other people's expert opinions, or at least checking the ratings at Costco.

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by KOA
If all the speakers were available down the block and I could afford anything then I would listen to everything I was interested in and buy accordingly.
This is very true. But, that still doesn't get beyond the dilemma that only your ears will tell you if you like a speaker. My feeling is that if you can't invest $20 or $30 shipping to find the right speaker then you're better off sticking to the local stuff that you can audition. Many of the internet brands are high value products, but the downside is you need to invest some time and dough to see if a particular brand suits you. If what sounds good to you is unimportant (or not worth a $20 investment) I'd buy the cheapest the prettiest the smallest the largest - whatever suits my fancy.

#12 ·
Royal Crown.

Seth

#13 ·
I prefer Pepsi, but had to graduate to Diet Pepsi (daytime - I don't drink coffee - never have) or Caffeine-free Diet Pepsi (evening - so I can sleep). I've since weaned myself from soda all together, and now I drink Turkey Hill Diet Green Iced Tea:
http://www.turkeyhill.com/images/diet-green-tea.jpg

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by oldschool4life
Red Kool-Aid > all
There's got to be more than one flavor of red Kool-aid. Now that you mention it, Kool-aid pink lemonade is great.

#16 ·
For the past few years, I drink one can of Coca-Cola Classic around 10 am. And sometimes a 2nd can in the afternoon. Will drink Pepsi (a little too sweet) or Dr. Pepper if Coke is not available. I don't like and don't drink the Coke in 2 liter bottles and at fastfood restraurants. I don't drink coffee.

#17 ·
Rum & Pepsi.

But, unlike soda, there is a real sound and a replication of said sound. Therefore, there is a reference and so the analogy isn't totally appropriate. We can say with a fair degree of certainty when a video monitor is replicating reality properly and, when the right tests are in place and/or the right objectivity in listening, you can, at least sometimes, state that one speaker is replicating reality better than another. It's politically incorrect to do it, but you can. Digital speakers that are on the horizon are going to clearly make more conventional speakers objectively substandard by comparision. It's going to be interesting hearing a rejuvenated objectivism clashing with old-school subjectivism.

#18 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Ricky
For the past few years, I drink one can of Coca-Cola Classic around 10 am. And sometimes a 2nd can in the afternoon. Will drink Pepsi (a little too sweet) or Dr. Pepper if Coke is not available. I don't like and don't drink the Coke in 2 liter bottles and at fastfood restraurants. I don't drink coffee.
I'm just the opposite. I don't really like Coke in a can or bottle, but I love fountain Coke (especially from McDonald's for some reason). I prefer Pepsi over Coke, but Seth nailed it with RC. That's where it's at!

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by sethwas
Royal Crown.

Seth
And I prefer Crown Royal

#23 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Ricky
In that case I suggest you buy the Swan Divas

#24 ·
As an avid "soda pop" drinker for over 25 years, I finally have cut it out of my diet - almost completly. I averaged at least 3 to 4 (12oz) sodas a day during this period. I'm down to 1 or 2 a week. I feel much better, and I'm losing my "gut" due to much less sugar intake. But, I still prefer Pepsi products (Dr. Pepper mostly) over Coke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.