Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As many of you guys know, URC's MX-700/500 series remotes do not have the best joysticks, the center select/enter button is very hard to press down accurately. I have tried all the solutions suggested, including rubber band insert, but i have found that none of them provided good enough fix for the problem.

After months of struggling with my otherwise perfect B&K SR10.1 (MX-700), I came up with a good solution. I used a little piece of thick paper (magazine cover in my case) and taped it to the top of the center button on rubber button pad sheet where the bottom of the joystick contacts (between the silver screw on the joystick and the rubber button sheet). This allows the center button to be triggered with just a slight press without accidentally trigger any of the direction commands. The joystick feels the same otherwise. Since the mod, I have not had a misfire, knock on wood. You may want to adjust the thickness of the paper insert for the perfect fit for your thumb.

Note: This mod require you to take the remote apart, thus voids the warranty. Do it at your own risk. For instruction on how to take apart the remote, search the forum or refer to Remote Central’s URC forum.

I welcome any feedbacks. Good luck!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I just use the Ent button instead - shortcut it to the center of the joystick. I did not use the Ent button for anything else, so just decided to use it for this. Takes a little getting used to but it stopped my frustration with the center button.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I have the same SR 10.1 and after using the original MX500, the center button seems like work. I've gone from being disappointed to just developing technique for the stiff push. It always feels like I'm about to rock into the Up button on the 5 way, but I've developed a quick stab technique that seems to work well. I used to lean into the center with a gentle push.

They did over do it with the spring tension.

E

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.