AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back mates..

As an owner of thy Yammie's kong performer Rxv-2500 HTR , I've been searching , researching , reading , studying and comparing theoritically thy in-depth detailed data you've all posted regarding the perfectly matching speaker set to it.

Now , it ended up with me deciding to get thy Polks..

I'll be so soon comparing their different pre-customized blends and configurations at my local nearby store , but first wanted to hear your thoughts , imaginations and experiences with those models in respective , and their fitting correspondence degree with my Yammie's processing , decoding and amplificating signatures and abilities.

I've narrowed my decision to three different custom chosen sets , by which my fronts should be constant at any level or degree , and thy variability mainly lies at thy surround category:

1st:
Fronts : Polk dual Rti 8

Rears: Polk dual Rti 4 (maybe Rti 6 )

center : Polk Csi 3

2nd:
Fronts : Dual Rti 6

Rears : Dual Rti 4 (maybe Fxi 3 )

Center : Csi 3

3rd:
Fronts : Dual Rti 8

Rears : Dual Fxi 3 (maybe Fxi 5)

Center : Csi 5

In all cases , I'm gonna pick up thy giant PSW 505 subwoofer. (alThough it's a Polk , yet I know it's one of thy highly reputable models in particular)

Please experts , share me your opinions , scientifically and practically.

Ah! , Forgot to say. My room is 14 by 12 feets , and auditioning would be all directed to movies/games. Never music.

Which system in those you find would successfully gimme thy extreme match , superb steering and stunning imaging , reaching the optimum cinematic expereince and performance levels?

And which surround channels model do you advise its use in each?

Pretty much thankful in advance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have this setup

2nd:

Fronts : Dual Rti 6

Rears : Dual Rti 4

Center : Csi 3

without the sub for right now.

I mainly watch movies and games, and I am in a similar sized room.

This setup is pretty sweet, however, if you are in a place of your own, I'd go with the RTI8s and RTI4s for surround. That added with a sub(from what people say, don't get a polk sub)

RTI6s, RTi4s, and a sub is a good setup too IMO.

I wouldn't throw RTI6s for surround speakers as most movies don't make that great use of surrounds. Seems like my XBox360 and PS3 use the surrounds better.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate..

Yeah , I'm in a place of my own , so most probably I'd go with thy Rti8's for my front channels , but I'm still somewhat skeptical to decide my centers and rears choices by any means..

It seems that thy final precise listening reviews at de store having 'em all would be my major edge determinant..

But I've read about tremendous enormous positive impressions and opinions about those Rti 8's in particular , which gave me a sense of mass - prevailing rare satisfaction level gained by a certain speaker type and model. The thing which I'm still searching for regarding other C/R models..

Anyways , Thanks for your response , and waiting for others' experiences.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, for surrounds, with front RTI8s, I'd still suggest RTI4s...

They are amazing speakers and in most movies the surrounds are ambient and echoes... Great little speakers. You already have the RTI8s and a sub filling in the low end and LFEs, so the RTI4s are perfect little surrounds, and will save you space and money. I had a pair of RTI4s as my fronts, and replaced them with RTI6s, and I don't notice that much of a difference... and had I replaced my rears with RTI6s, I'm fairly confident that there'd be little percievable change.

The Csi 3 is great for voice channels. It's pretty big, but I love it.

The Csi line matches the RTI line very very well

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi TCD and others..

I went yesterday to my local audio speciality shop for listening to this RTi series , being motived by the many positive reviews , impressions and opinions loaded in here , and ...

God.. I was totally shocked..

I concentrated mainly on auditioning those dual front Rti 8 channels , for a Dvd demonstation material carrying some late demos of King Kong , Mr.and Mrs.Smith and others , being processed by a Marantz 8500 ( which lies in thy same league with my Yammie's) , and thy results were completely disappointing!

Yeah , sound produced by these was somewhat clear , detailed , crisp with nice mid - discrimination , Yet , when I''ve asked 'em to crank thy volume up to a value of 0 db (75% of this marantz volume caliber) , everything began to lose its sharpness to a harsher harder sound types with unbearable degrees of turbulence , disturbance , and noisy outcomes cerainly with losing many details ..

I never expected this experience to happen..

I've been told by many that these Rti 8's particularly would easily reach because of their ultra efficiency levels the maximum values of any mid-fi receiver volumes scale calibers wthout being strained at any degree and by any means...

I've been told by thy managing director that many auditory circumstances should be replaced , and many fixations should be done to thy total room acoustics , and some modifications to the whole system constituents to get those play at most accurate loud levels..

I know he's essentialy right ,and I do appreciate what was he trying todo inorder to enhance and refine thy whole thing with pillows , bags , angles , positions and so on. Yet I believe that all of these factors were just responsible for a limited degree and to a certain extent , and the major percentage of this horrible noise appearances at 3/4 levels of thy amp section output is mainly caused by those Rti 8's I've been waiting for a long time ago , even if this caliber value was producing extremely loud sound because of the respectable efficieny range of this model.

Sorry have to go , and I'll be telling you what I ve felt when listening to something stunningly different at thy same shop..

Please tell me your thoughts..

Are these really normal findings with those Rti 8's..??!

I never thought they'd act this terrible way at loud levels even before reaching the zero db value of thy huge marantz 8500..

I'm out of sync.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would suggest getting the RTi8s, CSi5s if you have room, and either the RTi4s or FXi3s (depending on the room layout). Buy them from a retailer you can return to if you dont like them. I have them and really like them.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I never liked Polks until I heard their LSi series. They were really detailed and had a rich neautral sound to my ears. If it is in the budget, I say go for a full blown LSi setup...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAudio /forum/post/0

I would suggest getting the RTi8s, CSi5s if you have room, and either the RTi4s or FXi3s (depending on the room layout). Buy them from a retailer you can return to if you dont like them. I have them and really like them.

What's really annoying is that those Rti 8 's are supposed not to be overdriven by thy marantz 8500 amp section to produce those harmful harsh noisy sound quality degrees at just its pre zero db value on thy dial..

That's why I'd think for many times before getting it , and if so , I have to live with the boring fact of having my fronts suffering , stressing and crying at my desired sound output levels..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbSiNTH /forum/post/0

I never liked Polks until I heard their LSi series. They were really detailed and had a rich neautral sound to my ears. If it is in the budget, I say go for a full blown LSi setup...

It seems I'll rethink of getting this superior series sets. Although I liked the way those Rti's were sounding at low and mid amplification values , yet I'm pretty much depressed of not getting them work at my desired power paces and rates except with losing lot of sonic details , and with completely unwanted , unbeared and uncontrolled noise levels together with many acoustic disturbances and turbulances..

This horrible fact is drivin' me mad..

·
Registered
247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABSiNTH /forum/post/0

I actually have the same reciever as the author of this thread and have been considering going with an all out LSi setup with the 25's for the front and probably a velodyne sub. I've been trying to compare them to some of the KEF reference series speakers but can't find anywhere to listen to them

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by btstarke /forum/post/0

I actually have the same reciever as the author of this thread and have been considering going with an all out LSi setup with the 25's for the front and probably a velodyne sub. I've been trying to compare them to some of the KEF reference series speakers but can't find anywhere to listen to them

Tweeter has 'em . Take a ride to your local store location in CHARLOTTE - South Boukevard or Charlotte - University (North Tryon St.) and audition them there..

They really look awesome.

If I had thy budget , they would have been one of thy superiors in my differential list. Anyways I'm still confused about the whole RTI 8's matter .

What's thy main reason of this distortion appearance at loud levels ? Is it thy amp section of thy marantz 8500 ? or thy loudspeakers themselves reached their absolute maximum , so couldn't get any louder except with certain degrees of disturbance , noise and clipping??

Clear this vague phenomenon for me please.

Thanks experts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.