AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when The Perfect Vision is releasing the Sony XBR2 review? I'm not familiar with the magazine, and i didn't see anything on their website. Thank you.

Also, what is the concensus on this tv so far? Does it have the best picture and features of the 34" direct views?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've heard many good things about the set. It's definitely the set I would get if i were looking into buying a 34 inch. Other than the fact that the firewires are input only, the set is tip-top. For me, Sony really dropped the ball there. HD tv tuner inside the unit, but no way to output the signal properly. Shame shame.

Matt

·
Registered
146 Posts
I receive TPV magazine and a review of the XBR2 has not been given yet. The latest edition (November/December) has the review for the Sony 40" direct set. Haven't seen anything on the XBR2's but wouldn't be surprised it they had one in their January/February edition.

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
Gary Merson, who writes columns and reviews for The Perfect Vision, has been hinting around in these forums that he's been working with one or more of these models--he's the one who recently confirmed that it would not act as a video source from its FireWire connections. He won't say much about it, because, presumably, he's working with it for a print review and we should therefore pay to read his conclusions (which I will happily do, when it's available--I never miss picking up an issue of TPV).

-- Mike Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.