AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the specs for these two subs besides the size, remote capable and the amp wattage what makes the RSW10D worth $800 msrp more? The rsw is 1.3 cu ft smaller, 200 more watts and driver is a 10" instead of 12" but the specs read just about the same so would the performance be about equal? I know the sub12 is a the synergy line and the rsw is the better reference line.

The reason I want to know is I just bought a cherry rsw, I needed the smaller size, for $450 on clearance. My friend is in the market for the sub but does not have size constraints and was looking at the sub12. If my rsw would be good enough for him would the sub12 be also?

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
I don't really know what to tell you except that the RSW is in a whole other league. That 200w difference is considerable. The RSW has a 500w amp capable of 1200w peaks whereas the Sub12 has a 300w amp capable of 650w peaks. Of course, the RSW is rear-firing with the front-firing PR; the Sub12 is ported and down-firing. The Sub12 does have more output than the RSW, but it is the quality of the output that is important, IMO. Specs are just that. I'm not sure where you got your internal volume specs, but the difference in the external dimensions is pretty significant. But the RSW weighs 5lbs more.

If we were truly talking about an $800 difference in price, then it might be different, but if your friend can find the RSW at the price you paid for yours and can afford that difference, I would suggest it over the Sub12. It is not just a better sub, but at $450 it is a super deal. If your friend can buy the Sub12 locally, with the possibility of returning it, he could do that for comparison. But I think I know what the result will be.

Plus, the RSW has an orange cone!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for the reply. I have my rsw10d setting in the box at home. I have heard a sub12 but not the rsw. the sub12 was ok but still to big for my room so when i saw the rsw on clearance from vanns $450 shipped i jumped on hoping it would be atleast as good as the sub12 for $499. Figured it would since it retails for so much more.

Those were not internal numbers. I just took the specs and come up w/ the ext. cu ft for each. My constraints was a balance of size and $.

·
Registered
476 Posts
really, whats with the sub 12 lately!

I guess that price drop (sale) is really causing some second thoughts for some.

I got mine because I could afford it...(on sale) lol. Not because i thought it performed as good as some of the subs its being compared to.

its a good low end sub, for great price.

test,

·
Registered
16,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pne123 /forum/post/15564194

....................when i saw the rsw on clearance from vanns $450 shipped i jumped on hoping it would be atleast as good as the sub12 for $499.

It is a much better sub. So of course it will "be at least as good".

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadselim /forum/post/15564970

It is a much better sub. So of course it will "be at least as good".

Great. I love getting a much better sub for $50 less plus it rounds out my full orange speaker set......ref 3 II surrounds, center and floorspeakers :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts