AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i have noted elsewhere in a few threads... i have problems with my L300 with the scanline artifact and what i believe to be FPN. I have been unable to really get rid of the scanline regardless of flicker tweak and at times find the fixed pattern noise to be bothersome. I have deciced that maybe being just barely 1.5 times screen width might be helping cause my issues. My question is this: I know that the top of the image stays the same when using the zoom on the PJ..does the top stay the same as long as the pj stays mounted at same height even is the PJ is moved closer to the screen to make for a smaller image? Im going to attempt to celing mount it now and have an image that has seating at 2 times width to see if that helps... I know is gonna look small for a lil while now that im used to the 119" image

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
For all practical purposes the answer is yes, the top of the image stays in the same place if the PJ is moved closer to the screen. Since the offset is 1/32 x screenwidth, if you go from, for instance, a 96" wide screen to a 64" wide screen (nice multiples of 32) your ceiling mounted PJ will need to be moved higher by one inch.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I have a PT-L300U and my screen is 145" (nee 12-feet) diagonal and I have no scan lines. After you did the "flicker tweak", did you remember to soften the focus by just a hair? That makes all the difference in the world for me.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have done a soft defocus to the limits that i would consider acceptable.. I have NO flickering at all in the flicker setting after warm up. Still see scanline artifact though. Its like if one thing isnt their then the other problem is. I really wanna be able to keep this PJ as the PQ can be great if these two issues were not there..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.