AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a P-1A, received on Wed. Currently, I am connecting it in between my Pioneer DVL919 and Proceed AVP using coaxial and AES/EBU respectively.

The unit is functioning okay but I discover a noise problem. When the DVL919 is switch on without a CD no DVD or LD too, the P-1A will indicate a red LED on input 3 (Coaxial input) and with my AVP set to CD, the speakers will have "clicking noise". The P-1A is set to output 24bits/96khz.

I am sure the problem is not with the DVL919 nor AVP as previously before the arrival of P-1A it does not have the "clicking noise" when in the same situation (DVL direct to AVP via Coaxial). It is not very bad (the clicking noise happen every few sec), but just anoying.

However, if I put in a CD and the LED change to green but not playing, the noise disappear.

I have another dedicated CD player which I just borrow and the same thing happen.

Does anyone here have similar problems? Should I return the unit?

Please help advise.

Best regards,

rtankm (kmolth)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Your set up is somewhat different to mine so all I can is guess what may be going on. In my set up (Rega/coaxial - P-1A /I2S - P-3A/RCA - analog preamp) when the Rega is off, one of the o/w green lights (input?) will turn red. I recall hearing some clicking noises when my P-1A was switching during my initial set up but haven't heard any since then. Keep in mind the PT's only work with PCM codes so if what you have is DTS or DD signals may be that's why the clicks?

Call or e-mail folks @ AV123 or Perp Tech. I'm sure they'll help you solve the problem.

PF

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rtankm
I just bought a P-1A, received on Wed. Currently, I am connecting it in between my Pioneer DVL919 and Proceed AVP using coaxial and AES/EBU respectively.

The unit is functioning okay but I discover a noise problem. When the DVL919 is switch on without a CD no DVD or LD too, the P-1A will indicate a red LED on input 3 (Coaxial input) and with my AVP set to CD, the speakers will have "clicking noise". The P-1A is set to output 24bits/96khz.

I am sure the problem is not with the DVL919 nor AVP as previously before the arrival of P-1A it does not have the "clicking noise" when in the same situation (DVL direct to AVP via Coaxial). It is not very bad (the clicking noise happen every few sec), but just anoying.

However, if I put in a CD and the LED change to green but not playing, the noise disappear.

I have another dedicated CD player which I just borrow and the same thing happen.

Does anyone here have similar problems? Should I return the unit?

Please help advise.

Best regards,

rtankm (kmolth)
did you buy your p1a used? the very early P1A clicked a little when players dropped their bitstream. Their is a fix for and I believe PT will take care of you.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
As mentioned in my e-mails to you...

Some digital products actually switch off their digital data streams until such time you have software loaded and you've pressed play...

Jerry P is also right to mention that early P-1A's HAD this problem... we solved that a long time ago... some clock issues as I recall...

We will try to simulate this here... or in LA after our Holiday as no one is in the lab in California...

I also sent your message to Peter Madnick and asked him for his take (per my promise)...

We will come back to you soonest with our findings...

All the best... and thank you for your purchase...

mls

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.