AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

PIO 9040 with Paradigm Cinema 110 speakers. Sub connected via LFE out. Speakers set to small. When placed on standby the sub does not turn on when receiver is turned on and soundtrack is playing.

Called Paradigm and was told " It should work". : ()

I also connected an RCA Y cable to the two inputs on the sub but to no avail.

Is there any setting in the 9040 that maybe I am missing? I'd prefer not to keep the sub on 24/7.

Will also post this in the speaker/sub forum but wanted to know if other 9040/Elite 21 VSX owners are experiencing this.

Thx

Vito

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a two month 23txh and sadly came across the Same problem. it would not power up my klipsch sub. I plugged another sub to make sure it wasn't the sub and still no sound. I had to call pioneer and they told me to send it to a service center and see what's wrong.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just sent it last fri. They haven't called me in yet for the reason why the receiver started to act up.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Ulisez,

When you receive the avr back can you post the result of the repair? I am interested if they were able to fix it and what they did for the repair.

Thanks

Vito

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'll let you know of the result

·
Registered
37 Posts
Vito,

I just got the receiver back from the repair shop, and they had to repair the board within the receiver itself for the reason the monster cable i had plugged the receiver with made the board collapse within itself. they fixed it, and recommended me to replace the cable i had with a more open cable jack.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Ulisez,

Thanks for the info. If the board collapsed was the sub not receiving a signal and therefore not working or was it working but not turning on from standby?

Thanks

Vito

1 - 9 of 9 Posts