AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have set up ZP with Dscaler and FFDSHOW (Andy's optimized version) to show DVDs, and have a nice config working with 2.5x scaling. Everything works fine in renderless mode. I then tried to play a media file (MPEG4) and I get immediate crashes, sometimes reported as a Reclock failure, sometimes as GRAPHEDT. The detail of the reclock failure points to FFDSHOW. I found that if I remove all FFDSHOW functions (uncheck the scaling and blur/NR), then media plays fine. I dont think this is CPU related (Athlon 3200).

I then loaded a second version of ZP in a new directory (with the registry file), and thought I could set that up without FFDSHOW and I would use that program for media and the first for DVDs. However, I cant stop FFDSHOW from appearing as teh video decoder in the media version. I have been through every filter shown in the Media section, removing the FFDSHOW profile and filter, and it isnt shown as an additioanl filter in the DVD section, but unless I go to my DVD ZP and remove the FFD filters, I am still getting the crashes. I then tried using FFD RAW in the DVD version, but that didnt work either.

How can I create two completely separate ZPs that dont share this one version of FFD? Or alternatively, how do I totally remove FFD from my media version of ZP?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
You can use the merit system to avoid ffdshow in media mode. Check the filter manager...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The merit system looks as though it was the way to do things in earlier versions of ZP, and it was replaced by Customized Media in later ones. The FAQ talks about unregistering a filter, but I cant see where to do that apart from in the DVD section of the player, and I dont have FFDSHOW registered there. I've also been through and deleted all profiles that contained FFDSHOW, but I still see it as the decoder being used.

If I could create two different versions (profiles?) of FFDSHOW - one with resize checked and one without, that would work?

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.