AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to replace the blank or blue screen in the X1 with a personalized logo similar to the infocus logo screen that comes up when the projector is switched on.

Would be cool to introduce your home theater before the start of a session.

I know there are ways to do it with a DVD changer where you have one personalized DVD play before the movie DVD.

TIA

· Registered
212 Posts
You could do a powerpoint presentation on your HTPC or laptop and do a quick update for the "movie of the night". You could even add your own theme music. Just a thought. Maybe I'll try it this weekend since my old laptop stays hooked up to the projector anyway (to look at photos mostly).

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I was looking for something along the lines that Mr. Mago suggested.

I was thinking maybe the future software upgrade could provide for the loading of a jpeg/gif file with a default name that it looks for, in the same directory as the new s/w version, during the upgrade. If the file is found then it uploads it in place of the blank screen if not the blank screen stays. One could create a personalized jpeg/gif file of a certain size and save it with the default name.

If you choose to change the image all you have to do is create another one and flash the chip again. Not that you'd do it so often.

Mr. Bob Williams are you around? Hope you are. I'm sure a lot of people would like this option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.