Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Thought it was about time for a thread on wasteful uses of our preferred home theater displays.

To kick it off, I'll point at the National French TV Channel 2. In their current events discussion show "Face Ã* l'image" they are literally facing the image, as a 50 inch panel has been mounted as a tabletop between the host and his guest. At a couple of feet distance, even a high def display must be pixel city, especially with it set at ultra high contrast. :confused:

Feel free to post your own observations of distasteful wasteful uses of PDPs. At least we can ridicule them, even if we can't cure the mental illness which makes them sabotage some of the finest displays we wish we could put to a better use.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
You are hereby appointed "Plasma Ambassador of France". It is your duty to find and present a cure for all "Observations of Wasteful Uses of Plasma's". Should you accept this Mission and you are caught, all knowledge and association with this mission will be denied by the "Plasma Consortium". Good Luck, this post will self-destruct after 15 posts.

Dave

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Access Hollywood (not that I watch that show, just happened to notice) had a plasma showing a static logo the whole time..

·
Registered
365 Posts
There's a sports bar /pizza restaurant in my neighborhood w/ 10 Panny TH-42PA20U screens w/ the crappiest DirecTV-> coax modulated signal you can imagine.. I don't mind 10 42" plasmas in one room, just give em a good at least S-video signal!!! Its pretty bad when you see analog noise mixed in with the already blurry DirecTV source signal.

$30k worth of screens in one room may attract customers, but for heaven sakes, with what we all know about making one of these look good, let me take one home !!! no one will notice the difference. I'll show one of these some love with a beautiful 34Mhz component hdtv 1080i signal.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by scriabinop23
There's a sports bar /pizza restaurant in my neighborhood w/ 10 Panny TH-42PA20U screens w/ the crappiest DirecTV-> coax modulated signal you can imagine.. I don't mind 10 42" plasmas in one room, just give em a good at least S-video signal!!! Its pretty bad when you see analog noise mixed in with the already blurry DirecTV source signal.

$30k worth of screens in one room may attract customers, but for heaven sakes, with what we all know about making one of these look good, let me take one home !!! no one will notice the difference. I'll show one of these some love with a beautiful 34Mhz component hdtv 1080i signal.
Sounds like Oggi's!

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ou8thisSN
Access Hollywood (not that I watch that show, just happened to notice) had a plasma showing a static logo the whole time..
Sounds okay as long as the only thing they ever display on it is that logo :)

--Darin

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about those Jacuzzi tubs with integrated 42 ichers? Who in their right mind would want to watch a whole movie sitting in the bubbles with soap in their eyes? Talk about waterlogged! :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.