AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering either a RP Unit or maybe a Front Projector, and I have a silly question; Has anyone had a problem with either style of display because of pet hair clogging the air vents? We have two German Shepard dogs "Our children", who shed a lot of hair and I am concerned about the cooling fan not being able to do an adequate job of cooling because of the hair. I would not mind changing the filters every week, if this would take care of the possible problem. I would like to hear from anyone who has already dealt with this situation.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
You could always install your own filter behind the intake of a RPTV. You can use your favorite filter material and simply duct tape it in place. The only thing I did differently was to buy a new vacuum that actually works at keeping pet hair to an absolute minimum.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NVboy
You could always install your own filter behind the intake of a RPTV. You can use your favorite filter material and simply duct tape it in place. The only thing I did differently was to buy a new vacuum that actually works at keeping pet hair to an absolute minimum.
Please tell me, what type of vacuum would that be?

A Dyson ?

If not what brand / model are you using if I may ask?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kschorz
Please tell me, what type of vacuum would that be?

A Dyson ?

If not what brand / model are you using if I may ask?

Thanks.
Yes, a Dyson. My old one was frying itself the last couple of months every time I used it, so we did some research, tried a few different brands, and ultimately ended up with the Dyson. Never thought I'd spend that much for a stupid vacuum cleaner of all things. However, it's the first time in my life that I actually don't mind vacuuming now.

I'd say that if you install a simple filter mod, then you would have nothing to worry about, at least with your tv.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I bought a Dyson for my office after tiring of buying replacement bags and filters. It works so well, three of us have now bought them for our homes. Over a couple of years, it'll actually be cheaper than most others because you don't buy bags or hepa filters. I've learned to accept the garish colors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.