AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a post by Pete Putnam in an HDTV forum where he gives his recommendation for the best outdoor antenna and amp combination, which allows him to get HDTV stations 65 miles from his home:

Channel Master 4221/3021 4 Bay Bow and Screen

Channel Master Titan 2 7775 UHF Amp (+26dB)

The antenna goes for around $20 and the amp for around $60.

This is great, except I live in West Hartford, CT, one of the few area of the US where some DTV stations are broadcast on VHF, to be moved to UHF at some unspecified time in the future.

·
Registered
411 Posts
It was an interesting article but failed to consider some other antennas now available. For my application the Televes DAT75 with the same CM 7775 performed better.

I always learn when I read Pete Putnam's findings.

·
Registered
924 Posts
The preamp recomendation is good, but perhaps a 7777 model for vhf as well when and if needed, as far as the antenna goes, if it gets what is out there in your area that is all you need, the channelmaster works well as do many others, read up on this forum and try to find people in similar situations and try what they use. The big combo Yagi antennas from winegaurd and channelmaster may be the way to go for a one antenna solution with both UHF and VHF, the 7777 CM preamp wil handle both VHF and UHF as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.