Plasma

Philips’ 32FD9954

Hitachi’s CMP4201

NEC’s new PlasmaSync 42PV4

Panasonic’s TH-42PWD6

V Inc. Vizio P4

LCD

NEC-Mitsubishi sent along their LCD 4000

Some highlights, the NEC 40" LCD had amazing brightness, and was good overall but not up to Plasmas expecially in contrast ratio. Panny 6UY had easily the best contrast ratio due to the best blacks, and also good white balance.

Overall NEC edged out the Panny, but that was not really due to video perforance where they were very close. The edge came from easier operation and better RGB scaling.

http://www.hdtvexpert.com/Pages/6degrees.htm

John

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I read the report as well. Good stuff, as usual. It is worth noting that the black level of LCD remains a tremendous amount higher than plasma (at least for this one, very new deisgn) and the contrast ratio? Not in the same league.

Not shocking.

·
Registered
15,525 Posts
Thanks for the link JSchulte. A good read indeedy.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brucer, I changed the name in the title. Thanks for catching that

·
Registered
692 Posts
I was suprised to see how well the Vizio did. I saw on in person at Costco and was not impressed by the picture at all, but then again Im pretty sure it was not setup for the best picture.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
You cannot change the title. You think you did, but that only changed the post title.

On Mark and Gary can change the thread title.

·
Registered
188 Posts
NEC VS 42VP4 beat the Pannasonic 6UY on average mostly because of difference on RGB scaling. Is the NEC really that good ? Is the first time that I even heard of that display...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Pete always has good stuff. I wish he would have also reviewed the Fujitsu 42. I would have been interested in what his tests showed when comparing it to the Panny and the NEC.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dixon
Pete always has good stuff. I wish he would have also reviewed the Fujitsu 42. I would have been interested in what his tests showed when comparing it to the Panny and the NEC.
Yup. Too bad the Fujitsu isn't included on the roundup.

·
Registered
891 Posts
HA HA HA!!! Peter has made ME very happy with his 46" review! Plus, I was thouroughly pleased to see his NEC approval as well.

lisa:::: slaps Peter with trout a beer:::::::::::

Thank you Peter!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.