AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I'd offer $9.

Or maybe you could try a regular auction? I think there's a web site that auctions stuff, maybe there's even something like that on the forum ??:D

Retail on them from NEC USA was $400.US. I bought them from NEC Canada for $600.CAN(actually, I think the exact price I paid was $626. or some odd number, slightly more than a blue), and at one point they could be bought from NEC Australia for $400. AU(I think, at the time it was about $300.US but I think the US dollar has taken a pounding since).

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
No more tubes from NEC Australia, dammit.

Hey, you poachers, they were our tubes, not yours! ;-)

·
Registered
204 Posts
A suprisingly large amount of money if you have one that you want to sell to me or know who has some!

I got the 2nd last Green from NEC about 1 month ago. The last one went to Mr/Mrs Mystery in Melbourne. If your listening and want a quick buck on your purchase PM me.

If you're looking for one you should consider a VDC green from the US.

Aaron

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
cstav101

I bought a VDC green for about A$800 shipped from Hammerhead. Not cheap, but the pj was, so all up I got the lot for about what I sold my 1251 for, can't complain.

Mark

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Great, I can just see a High stakes poker game amongst NEC guys: I'll see that blue tube and raise you a new green! That would be some payoff for the winner :)

Marc

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I'm all in.....

Terry

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Minimum buy-in is 6 tubes :D Must be a mixed set.

No VDC's. LOL

Marc

·
Registered
490 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tinman
Minimum buy-in is 6 tubes :D
I can play then! 2 complete sets of original NEC XG's to keep my projector humming along till the flashlight projectors catch up in quality :rolleyes:

Anyone else keeping a stash to keep their beloved toys running for the next 5 to 10 years?

Cheers

Russ

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
I've still got a couple of original greens that I'll be using this week. Frankly the VDC's are so good now that I don't see a difference between the original and the rebuilt one, so I wouldn't hold out for a new one.

Curt

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
I'm working on it.

What about your 3 spare projectors Russ?

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Hey Curt... you have to convince me about the VDC's. Please send an evaluation projector (PG/XG, I'm not picky) to me so I can do some real tests on it. I promise to eventually return it.

I wish you didn't live so far away, I really WOULD like to see a set with my own eyes, actually.

Marc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.