AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting a chance to set up my PG6. I have read through the process multiple times and I went through it all just onto the concrete basement wall to get some practice with the settings. The geometry went pretty well from a gross perspective, but I had some tilt and pincushion problems. The tilt was easily corrected using the "big gray thingy" on the yoke. (I tried unsuccessfully to find the post with the picture and names for all of these things so if you know, please link to it) The pincushion turned out to be the convergence plugs being set for ceiling mount. After working those out, the convergence went pretty well and I was able to get it looking pretty good without straying much past ~20 on any of the settings (I know thats not great, but as this was temporary first attempt, I did not spend too much time on the position.)

The only problem I had appeared to be keystone on the bottom left corner on both red and blue. These settings ended up in the 60s.

So being somewhat satisfied with the result, I decided to remove the lenses and look into this raster centering and phosphor utilization thing. After resetting all settings to nominal, I removed the lenses and this is what I found (see attached image. All three seemed to be using a very conservative phosphor area with nearly ¾ on all sides. The red grid (from laptop Nokia software) looked pretty good geometry wise. The Blue and green both showed a sag in the top left (which would correspond to my convergence problem). I double checked the settings and they were still at 0. Any suggestions?

Also, could someone please explain (or point me to the explanation) how to safely increase the raster size. I intend to recess the projector a bit to make up for a low ceiling and need to get the throw length dialed in so I can finish the ceiling work.

A few other questions:

Is there any way to reduce the intensity of the menu and setting text?

Why is there a bright edge on the left of bright images when looging into the tubes?

Thanks for all of the help Ive already gotten from reading the informative posts here.

Next time, I'll figure out ho to insert the pic into the post.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Looks to me like you are using a good portion of the raster...Did you adjust your lens focus rings? I think that your settings are within the norm but it looks like your green is not tilted right. (Deflection yoke). I'm not sure why your green is glowing white??

Take a look at this post. There is a picture on page 2 saying what the electronics on the tubes are.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=136739

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.